style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a visit by a baliff, of which i asked him to leave. which he refused.

i told him that he was trespassing and that the property is not mine but my wife was the owner

and she did not wish to have him at the property.

he then called the police, which did not say or do anything.

in hind sight i should have left him there and my wife and i carry on with going out for the evening

and locked the security gates to the property.

was he trespassing?

Hello and Welcome abix66.

I've moved this thread to the Bailiff Forum, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can you give more info on why the bailiff was there? Depending on the reason and/or type of bailiff, he can access your property. Then theres the issues with levy fee's etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The simple answer is he was not trespassing if he had a warrant against you.

If he committed an illegal act while on your property like forcing his way into your house, then he would be acting illegally and could be removed from the property.

You should remember trespass is a civil offence and the police are not lightly to be interested unless there is a breach of the peace.

Also you can only use "reasonable and proportionate force"so if you take an axe and threaten the bailiff who is unarmed it is likely you will be the one arrested.

If he had no right to force his way into your property then he was certainly required to leave when asked.

Of course, as always it is a question of evidence

If he had no right to force his way into your property then he was certainly required to leave when asked.

Of course, as always it is a question of evidence

The op never mentioned that the bailiff had forced his way INTO a property,but only that the bailiff was on the property,so as long as he had the correct paperwork he would not be trespassing.

The op never mentioned that the bailiff had forced his way INTO a property,but only that the bailiff was on the property,so as long as he had the correct paperwork he would not be trespassing.

The property is not mine surely he did have no right to refuse to leave

[QUthe property is not owned by me OTE=welsh1;4254395]The simple answer is he was not trespassing if he had a warrant against you.

If he committed an illegal act while on your property like forcing his way into your house, then he would be acting illegally and could be removed from the property.

You should remember trespass is a civil offence and the police are not lightly to be interested unless there is a breach of the peace.

Also you can only use "reasonable and proportionate force"so if you take an axe and threaten the bailiff who is unarmed it is likely you will be the one arrested.

The property is not mine surely he did have no right to refuse to leave

As i said if he had a warrant with your name on and you live at that property or have goods at that property,then he is there legally to seize your goods,he has strict rules to follow,and cannot force entry into your house(some court orders permit this)but he can legally walk onto the property,and does not have to leave when asked to.

tell us what the debt is all about abix

and don't fall foul of reading these FoTL sites, you'll come unstuck.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a visit by a bailiff, of which i asked him to leave. which he refused.

i told him that he was trespassing and that the property is not mine but my wife was the owner

and she did not wish to have him at the property.

he then called the police, which did not say or do anything.

in hind sight i should have left him there and my wife and i carry on with going out for the evening

and locked the security gates to the property.

was he trespassing?

Can you explain a bit more about the background to the debt.

Such as, was this visit in relation to council tax....parking ticket...court fine etc?

Had the bailiff previously visited the property?

I believe what the OP is asking is, did his warrant/order(presumably in the OP's name) give the bailiff any right to enter his wife's premises(using peaceful entry or otherwise).

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

It hasn't been established why the bailiff was at the house and who he was acting on behalf of..

If the L/O or warrant was in the OP's name and that address, then the bailiff was not trespassing.

If the address was a different one, then he was trespassing. One would have hoped that the Police would have ascertained that when they arrived. At least they didn't help the bailiff to

gain entry.

Far too many presumptions, and a yawning chasm of absence of facts. There are many ways a Bailiff can 'become' a trespasser.

Especially if he has right house number, wrong street as happens regularly around where I live, people have found bailiffs in the garden when they are in the wrong street, often they will try to caim they are at the right number so pay up etc and have had to be removed by police sometimes, as they tried to make the bemused occupier pay. Sat nav does not recognise half the streets here either, so TomTom is of no use to them

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!