style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys please read.

I need help on a matter with Orange that’s being going on for the last 2 years. I have tried CISAS but it’s been over 9 months so they cannot help I have tried civil legal advice, debt council , citizens advice etc and no one can help I get passed around with no actual information on what to do.

I had a contract with Orange for 18 months and before it ended I cancelled the contract with Orange and thought that was the end of it, 3 months later I return home from university to find bills and debt letters requesting money for line rental when the contract had been cancelled.

I tried to get this across to Orange who have no care for the matter and would not even deal with me, I have been battling debt collectors and Orange for over 2 years trying to explain the situation and have got nowhere with them and they have defaulted my credit file for 6 years saying I owe the money and that’s it.

I have requested call recordings to prove my case which they will not provide and the phone had no usage over the 3 months as I had taken a new contract with a new provider.

I need to get the matter resolved as I need to obtain a loan for my Masters at university and this is having a critical affect on my future and is also causing me a lot of stress and I certainly cannot afford to take them to court as I am student.

Any advice on this would be of great help as I am at a loss with this situation right now

Hi, Does this show on your credit files?

Which debt collection agency is chasing this?

How exactly did you make the cancellation?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Says Orange on the file

i called up and cancelled which is ok according to the terms and conditions but because i had done this i thought no more of it

Ok so there was no written confirmation the service contract was cancelled?

I think you will need to make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 which will oblige them to provide all data relating to the contract, if you want details of the telephone calls you

will need to know the date the cancellation call was made.

I'm guessing there may have been a ''cancellation in writing'' clause in the contract.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

A cancellation in writing clause is not binding - meaning that notice of cancellation can be given in any manner and still be effective.

However, putting it in writing is very helpful because you have the evidence you need to challenge them. Don't do anything more on the phone without recording the call.

Send the SAR as advised above. Frankly if you can't get the evidence then there won't be much you can do. Non-use of the phone is not evidence of cancellation.

Make sure that you learn the lesson. Record everything. Put everything in writing and don't trust anyone. It's a shame, but it's the only way to survive.

Indeed so but mobile phone providers are unscrupulous in their attempts to claim these charges and termination fees .

Have to agree, and say always keep a paper trail when cancelling service agreement, there is no CCA protection here.