Senior Chatters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you actually pay via this site Linda ??

Domain name:

seniorchatters.co.uk

Registrant:

Robert Funge

Registrant type:

Unknown

Registrant's address:

6 Gleneagles Drive

Luton

Bedfordshire

LU2 7TA

United Kingdom

Hi

Have you had a good read of there Terms & Conditions (look at the very bottom of there webpage as the link is there)

have a good read of it especially No. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It's a con site, It shows a padlock on the sign up screen but is not an https url and lack of a padlock on the address line.

After sign up is says you need to activate the account by clicking a url in an email they send you, no you don't, just log in.

I just signed up as micky mouse and am in the site.

It is also an illegal site and should be reported. Any UK site that takes payment must have a landline number prominently displayed as well as the full name and address and email address.

They have none of those things. Anyone who gives debit or credit card details to a site like this needs educating.

Edited by Conniff

Coniff I just had a look and although I think it expensive when I went to pays my money it came up https so maybe we are being a bit quick to judge. Also you do not HAVE to pay

The sign up was not secure, all your personal data. I did see the 's' on the payment screen but it still fails on the rest of the requirements re phone, address and email address.

I noticed you don't 'have' to pay, but sites that take money have to obey regulations and this one isn't.

It's a con site, It shows a padlock on the sign up screen but is not an https url and lack of a padlock on the address line.

After sign up is says you need to activate the account by clicking a url in an email they send you, no you don't, just log in.

I just signed up as micky mouse and am in the site.

It is also an illegal site and should be reported. Any UK site that takes payment must have a landline number prominently displayed as well as the full name and address and email address.

They have none of those things. Anyone who gives debit or credit card details to a site like this needs educating.

I had a quick look at the site and saw that it did include an address and phone number on the "Contact Us" page. As well, you posted the man's full name (as well, his name is included on the "Meet The Team" page). Is the rule that it needs to be on the front page?

You are completely right about the security issue, though! There is no SSL and any information sent on the website can be easily intercepted. Not good! Not to mention that the "verification" they use is for Wordpress... Not an actual social platform.

Veeeery shady. I don't recommend using this site as a serious method to meet other people, as your personal information seems to be easily compromised...

There's always the coffee shop! :)

The phone number is a mobile and not a land line.

Oh! I didn't take that close of a look at it so I must have missed that!! In that case, you are absolutely right and this is very shady. There should be a landline as a mobile can be attributed to just about anyone and is not grounded in any way.

Who can we report this to?

Good catch! :)