style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I live in London (Ealing) and I've been having some problems with my postman - or postmen as I'm not sure if it's the same one. Specifically on three separate occasions I've had them throw a parcel through an open window because it wouldn't fit through the letter box. My bathroom has one of those small windows at the top of the window frame that we usually leave open during the day and the postmen evidently seem to think that if a package doesn't fit through the letter box it's fair game to just lump it through the window.

The first time they did this the package knocked my shower screen off its railings and landed in the toilet (I came home to find my new phone floating in the toilet - though thankfully it still worked as it was well packaged). On the other two occasions I've just come home to find a package lying in the bathroom/sink with toiletries scattered everywhere. Slightly less annoying is that on a regular basis they just leave packages lying in the garden rather than take it back to the depot.

I've never actually spoken to them because I'm out at work all day, but I did contact Royal Mail and they more or less said that if something hasn't explicitly been damaged in the delivery then it's got nothing to do with them - so I guess it's fair game to just keep throwing packages through windows until something breaks...

About the only solution I can think of (short of just dealing with the symptom and locking all our windows!) is writing a note to the postmen and leaving it on the door, but I doubt that will help.

Put a sign on your door that you don't want any post thrown in through your window.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

As sand_d said. Leave a note that is clear and obvious to anyone who comes to your door. If parcels are still being put through the window, then issue a full complaint to the CEO of royal mail, and demand he check which postman/woman was on the route at the time and question them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have worked for Royal Mail as a postman.

I agree with the people who posted earlier; I think you should leave a note somewhere where the postman can see it. It is definitely wrong to throw parcels through windows.

If you still have postmen throwing your parcel through the window, then you should raise a complaint to your local delivery office.