Marlin Court Action on HSBC CC, HSBC already said they hold no CCA - help

ZENTRIX9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No worries.. I have moved you to the Financial Legal forums, as mention that there has been a claim issued - that has been stayed and now the claimant is trying to have the stay lifted and apply for summary judgment.

I would have thought if they have not provided the correct terms and conditions for the account and with the discrepancies you have pointed out, that you would be able to argue that they have a problem !

Have you already got a thread started with the original claim for this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres a copy of the first page of the T&C they say are the originals

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/zentrix9/MR%20HSBC/20140114_234659_resized_zpsd76c7802.jpg

Now in the box it states " Here is a copy of your agreement for you to keep, it includes a notice about your cancellation rights which you should read"

So to me this sounds like they send out the T&C after you have signed so they werent present or part of the document which was signed.

I am pretty sure that when we signed they didnt have the T&C, they had run out and said that they would forward them on. Yes we would still have the right to cancel but as the T&C were not present then this would make the agreement improperly executed , wouldnt it? So irredeemably unenforcable.

So let me get this straight.. HSBC issued a claim against you and you counter claimed for PPI - yes - have they repaid this and where did it go.. to you or offset against the account ?

Update:

HSBC have been sent a breakdown of PPI owed etc just over £4000.

They have offered to pay me just over £6000, so I have accepted and sent the paperwork back. Waiting for the deposit into my account now :-)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

if the account was sold to marlin prior to your ppi reclaim being settled

then the ppi refund would have come to you

h what are the amounts of the default charges on the t&cs they have sent you? eg late payment/overlimit

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

On a post dated 17th June 2013 DX stated

"for a 2002 card they will need a true copy of the signed agreement - not a recon."

Does this still stand or have things changed?

Will this need to be produced to allow the case to be taken to court,

if they cant produce it does that stop them in their tracks?

correct

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a hearing in January where they have applied to get the stay lifted and going for summary judgment

do I send the judge and Marlin something on the lines of please confirm that you have the original document

as this will be needed in court to enforce the application due to the original CCA being signed pre 2007.

You should submit a response witness statement opposing their application with your reasons ZENTRIX9 this must be served not less than 7 days pre hearing on the court and claimant.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just a quick query.

If a CCA is signed by myself at the bank for it to become executed does someone from the bank have to counter sign it.

There is a stamp on the CCA that says "received" with the date,

but nothing to say its been approved or counter signed.

• 4 weeks later...

Update Marlin (was HSBC)

I have been digging through some paperwork and found some old statements from 2007. Also a copy of T&C dated 2008

The APR on my statement is listed at 19.9% on 14th June 2007 Mastercard

The APR on my wifes statement is listed at 15.9% on 11th June 2007 Visa

When we applied we had 2 differnt cards with 2 different APRs

The terms and conditions that they have sent us as the "Original" show 20.9% when we were allegedly given the contract to sign. i have never known the APR to drop, only increase so I would say that this is proof that the T&C supplied are not the right ones.

We also have a copy of the varied and current T&C, on both of them it shows the date that they were printed, however the date is missing off the "Original" copy.

Methinks that they are trying to pass off a different T&C as the original!

This would also mean that they have not complied with my original CCA request as they have not given me the Original T&C!

My wife was issued a CCJ and a charging order on the house and they didnt supply the correct T&C to the judge!!!!

I have a letter stating that HSBC cant find the original T&C.

Any suggestions?

I am in court in a couple of weeks and will submit a response witness statement opposing their application. Is it worth me sending marlin a letter stating that they will look silly when I prove that the T&C are the wrong ones?

The CCJ supercedes the cca so they have no need to even respond to a cca request. I'm sorry but you're wasting your time with that one.

What is the application you're fighting?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The CCJ supercedes the cca so they have no need to even respond to a cca request. I'm sorry but you're wasting your time with that one.

What is the application you're fighting?

Caro, thats not what I meant.

I dont want to send a CCA request,

they didnt comply with the one I sent before it went to court.

What I was saying is that the T&C supplied are not the correct ones that go with the agreement,

so I am looking at the angle of not properly executed and the court ruled on it in my wifes case.

My agreement is 2002 and I sent a CCA request and got a reconstituted agreement back.

Sometime between 2002 and 2004 my postcode was changed.

The reconstituted one has the new postcode on it and they are taking me to court with it as evidence of the agreement that they sent me.

Does this mean that I can say that it isn't valid because the address is wrong?

atus:This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).

127Enforcement orders in cases of infringement

(1)In the case of an application for an enforcement order under—

(a)section 65(1) (improperly executed agreements), or

(b)section 105(7)(a) or (b) (improperly executed security instruments), or

©section 111(2) (failure to serve copy of notice on surety),

or

(d)section 124(1) or (2) (taking of negotiable instrument in contravention of section 123),

the court shall dismiss the application if, but (subject to subsections (3) and (4)) only if, it considers it just to do so having regard to—

(i)prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question, and the degree of culpability for it; and

(ii)the powers conferred on the court by subsection (2) and sections 135 and 136.

(2)If it appears to the court just to do so, it may in an enforcement order reduce or discharge any sum payable by the debtor or hirer, or any surety, so as to compensate him for prejudice suffered as a result of the contravention in question.

(3)The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

(4)The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) in the case of a cancellable agreement if—

(a)a provision of section 62 or 63 was not complied with, and the creditor or owner did not give a copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document referred to in it, to the debtor or hirer before the commencement of the proceedings in which the order is sought, or

(b)section 64(1) was not complied with.

(5)Where an enforcement order is made in a case to which subsection (3) applies, the order may direct that the regulated agreement is to have effect as if it did not include a term omitted from the document signed by the debtor or hirer.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Section 127

Enforcement orders in cases of infringement.

(1)In the case of an application for an enforcement order under—

[F1(za)section 55(2) (disclosure of information), or]

[F2(zb)section 61B(3) (duty to supply copy of overdraft agreement), or]

(a)section 65(1) (improperly executed agreements), or

(b)section 105(7)(a) or (b) (improperly executed security instruments), or

©section 111(2) (failure to serve copy of notice on surety), or

(d)section 124(1) or (2) (taking of negotiable instrument in contravention of section 123),

the court shall dismiss the application if, but F3. . . only if, it considers it just to do so having regard to—

(i)prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question, and the degree of culpability for it; and

(ii)the powers conferred on the court by subsection (2) and sections 135 and 136.

(2)If it appears to the court just to do so, it may in an enforcement order reduce or discharge any sum payable by the debtor or hirer, or any surety, so as to compensate him for prejudice suffered as a result of the contravention in question.

(3)F4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: