Surveillance camera code of conduct comes into force

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

taken from this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/surveillance-camera-code-of-conduct-comes-into-force

New guidance in place over police and local authority use of CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition.

Public authority use of surveillance cameras will be subject to a new code of practice published by the Home Office today.

The code will set out new guidelines for CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR), encourage transparency in their use and ensure public bodies such as local authorities and the police consider whether they are proportionate before erecting new cameras.

It follows Andrew Rennison’s appointment as the first Surveillance Camera Commissioner last year.

The commissioner’s role is to encourage all operators to comply with the code, review how the code is used in practice and provide advice and information about it.

Surveillance by consent

The principle of surveillance by consent is at the heart of the new legislation – meaning the public can be confident cameras are not there to spy on them but to protect them.

Minister for Criminal Information Lord Taylor of Holbeach said:

"CCTV and ANPR are crucial tools for cutting crime and protecting the public, but for too long we have seen these systems grow without proper oversight".

"Through this code - and with an independent commissioner - there will be a framework in place for the first time that helps police and local authorities in the fight against crime and anti-social behaviour, while reassuring the public that cameras in public places are used proportionately and effectively".

The surveillance camera code of practice, which has been laid before Parliament for approval, is part of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Here is the New Surveillance Camera Code of Practice its in PDF:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...

I work at a taxi firm they have just installed cctv in our office and recently we have been told that they are watching us from their own homes on their computer they use a app to download it onto their computer then they watch us I know for definite that my manager's computer is in his son's bedroom can theydo this?

I work at a taxi firm they have just installed cctv in our office and recently we have been told that they are watching us from their own homes on their computer they use a app to download it onto their computer then they watch us I know for definite that my manager's computer is in his son's bedroom can theydo this?

I would have thought there was a serious Data Breach issue here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D