• Tweets

• The time to sue / ask for rent reduction started when you became aware of the issue (that is 10 years ago). You are absolutely unable to claim for anything for more than 6 years ago, as it is 'statute barred'.   As for claiming anything within the last 6 years, if you have left it this long, expect the LL to claim that you accepted the error. If you wished to claim, you should have done so well before now. Expect them to claim that you accepted it, and are onl;y now claiming different as a result of their claim. You'd then have to persuade a judge otherwise.
    • @Bean192 may be worth leaving an honest review once this is all sorted;   https://www.allagents.co.uk/coolcribscouk/
    • Update. The ASB team have categorically said they want to send a letter to the idiot saying... you are upsetting your neighbor, please come in to talk about this, we need to tell you we have no power to do anything about this though... WTAF?   They also said my only option to stop idiot parking and obstructing our kerb is to park our other car outside idiots property 🤔 because the car is now not obstructing enough to get a ticket and not breaking any law! Even though it's obviously being done to cause annoyance.   Just seems beyond belief!
    • Ok, quick update on this.  Mediation didn't happen - mainly because I missed the deadline for agreeing to the date - I didn't realise the deadline was quite so tight - and I had been away for the weekend and not reading my emails - anyway - although it was bad to not formally respond, it didn't really make too much difference because due to the lack of viable evidence provided by the claimant, mediation would have been pointless.   So I've been waiting to head what court date has been allocated to my case. However, instead I received a "General Directions or Order" letter.    Sorry - I meant to bring it in (to where I'm writing this).....but basically the gist of it was that the claimant had 14 days to respond providing evidence e.g. signed credit agreement etc. - and then I had 14 days after that to respond stating whether I accepted that evidence and whether I wanted to withdraw defence.    The letter was sent around the beginning of the month - therefore their 14 days are more or less up - I haven't heard anything - albeit, I need to factor in postage times - but surely this means my 14 days are not really 14 days....but more a case of the time left before the end of October and when or if I get anything from the court of the claimant with their evidence.   My question really is:    Is it a stupid question - but I cannot really do anything until I receive anything - at the moment, the court won't know what they've sent me (in response to my CCA request) - i.e. the poorly presented application form - meaningless statements - no clear signed credit agreement etc. - so this step is basically the court asking whether there is enough evidence in order to allocate a court date?   I'm assuming I should get a copy of whatever the claimant provides to the court?   Many thanks  
    • hello again, do you think this witness statement better suits my needs witness 2.pdf
  • Our picks

SimonCollett

Ryanair found our luggage but wont re-imburse us for our expences

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2322 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

We flew from Luton to Arrecife one Sunday evening a few weeks ago to find that my wife's suitcase had been lost. The Ryanair desk staff advised us to buy what we needed and submit the reciepts to Ryanair. We went shopping and purchased sandals, enough clothes for a couple of days, underwear and toiletries. We then heard late on Sunday night that the case had been found (in Bratislava) and were told it would be with us late Tuesday night. When we arrived home a week later we photocopied our reciepts which totaled just under 300 euros and submitted a letter to Ryanair explaining the situation. To our shock and dissappointment today we have recieved a response telling us that we will be sent a cheque for £85 and that as far as Ryanair are concerned this will end the matter. This seems very unfair as we were originaly told that our expences would be met by Ryanair, and when we went shopping on Sunday to replace my wifes clothes we had no way of knowing when or if the case would be found. We don't know how to proceed, just that we feel Ryanair are not being fair.