style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i am new to this so please be nice

right i will start from the beginning

i sold a car to a lady on the 30th september 2012

got the cash for it thought end off filled out the V5 log posted to the DVLA job done.

i contacted the DVLA after 3 weeks to inform them i never received anything from them 

they said i should write a letter detailing the date i sold the car who the new owner was etc etc which i done.

i got a letter back from the DVLA with copies of the letter i wrote to them

they sent me a letter confirming i was no longer the owner of said car from the 30th september 2012 and i thought that was the end of it.

i then received a penalty notice from TFL with 2 pictures of the car that was clipped by a camera driving in a bus lane on the 9th of october.

I immediately contacted TFL to inform them i sold the car and i was no longer the owner the of car from the 30th september so there is a mistake 

they replied there is not a mistake and i should pay the fine or appeal.

i appealed the case and informed them that i sold the car etc etc.

they denied my appeal stating as far as they are concerned i am the owner of the car at the time of the offence and doubled the penalty fare to 160.00

i immediately phoned them and said i was not paying i am not the owner i have proof from the DVLA that i sent into them copies 

they replied on the phone and i quote "we contacted DVLA and they informed us that you were the owner"

these are  lies

i pointed out and the DVLA would not give confidential information like that over the phone to anyone 

i was told you either pay or it can escalate.

i then called the DVLA to confirm what i was told and they informed me they would never give any details to anyone

TFL were only trying to scare me to pay the fine and the advised me not to pay.

yesterday i had a letter left by a bailiff regarding this demanding that i either pay an outstanding fee of 557pounds or they will seize goods at that value

this has totally shocked me

i called the bailiff as he left his number informed him of what i have been told informed him i have written proof from the DVLA that i was not the owner

he rubbished that and said he hears it all the time

people buy cars get caught then sell them on write to the DVLA saying they weren't the owners at this date etc etc and that i need to pay him

i told him to go and take a swing and jump

i am not paying as i am not in the wrong if i was genuinely caught fine i would pay , but when i have proof from DVLA in writing and on the phone that i sold the car on the 30th september and this car was caught on the 9th October then i clearly am not the driver.

my question is

what should my next step be to get this resolved i am not paying a penny to him he can go get lost.

also i am in two minds to complain about TFL harassing me with this stressing me out and more importantly liying to me down the phone

can i sue them or who can i complain to about this

Edited by dx100uk

im in work just now so dont have the paperwork on me i think it something like taskforce or something like that

all it was was a letter elft at the door by the balliff stating that i owe them 575.00 and they have the power to seize goods to aution up to that value

i have just been to the police with the letter from the DVLA and they said i am in the calera and not to worry if the balliff turns up demanding entry i should call 999 and ask for the police to attend as they checked there records and i was not the owner at the time

I would write to the council and the bailiff saying that I do not like being called a liar and they either cancel this ticket and issue an apology or escalate it to court.

i will await to see what happens tomorrow when he turns up "if he turns up that is" as i am amazed at how his attitude changed when the police spoke to him on the phone was certanly not as polite as he was to them as was towards me.

but i am deffinetly taking taction against TFL for this the lied to me on the phone and have denied all paperwork i sent them which have all been official documents from the DVLA

What bailiff company is this?, as for the Formal Complaint address it to TFL, and copy to Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, he may as well know what muppetry is done by his beloved TFL.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What bailiff company is this?, as for the Formal Complaint address it to TFL, and copy to Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, he may as well know what muppetry is done by his beloved TFL.

Pick up the pencil and join the dots

IBM UK Ltd were taken on sometime in 2007, after a year of negotiations (loads of Chateau neuf du plonk no doubt with Ken and his chums) .

Their consortium partner was NCP at the time - renamed to NSL Ltd shortly after, and Task Enforcement is the bunch of housebreakers under the NSL wing.

The non-negotiable five year contract commenced in November 2009 as a result of the wining and dining.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/static/corporate/media/newscentre/archive/6270.html

the name of the bailiff company is Task enforcement ltd

i have called there office regarding this and there just as ignorant as the bailiff as well

i will email tfl and copy the mayor in as well and i am going to put strongly that i am been harassed by TFL and TAS enforcement ltd over this

is it worth my while contacting the papers over this as i feel like i am getting lied to constantly, fobbed off and feel like a black sheep in a crowd with everyone pointing the finger and laughing at me

Surely, if the OP has a copy of the letter they received from DVLA stating an agreement that they were on longer the registered keeper of the vehicle from 30th September, and the contravention occurred after that date then producing a copy of that letter with an appeal would be fatal to the claim against the OP and would send TFL and their enforcement team on their way with a flea in their ear??

Feebee_71

Surely, if the OP has a copy of the letter they received from DVLA stating an agreement that they were on longer the registered keeper of the vehicle from 30th September, and the contravention occurred after that date then producing a copy of that letter with an appeal would be fatal to the claim against the OP and would send TFL and their enforcement team on their way with a flea in their ear??

Feebee_71

One would assume that to be so, but TFL and Task are not going to let a little thing called the truth and absolute proof get in the way of the quest for their illicit pound of flesh.

If OP does produce the letter then yes it is an absolute defence, especially in a Civil jurisdiction where balance of probabilities is the burden of proof

As to the press might be worthwhile and also try Nutsville, at nutsville.com

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

please find attached a copy of the DVLA letter stating i did not own the car from the 30th september and a copy of one of many PCN that TFL has sent to me as you can see the date of the offence to bf 21.43 on the 5th october which is a week after i sold the car