style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i have had a call from a bailiff about council tax from last year.

he called last week when i had a house full of kids so said he would come back today.

i would just like to know if in doing right.

i have no intention of letting him into the house and a written a letter to give to him offering to pay £80 pm

when i get paid on the 23rd.

is this ok to do thanks sarah x

yes its ok but also send a copy of the letter you are giving him to the council and bailiff firm (by recorded delivery) and don't put on the letter to paid on the 23rd as the bailiff /firm will expect it to reach their account by clear funds on the 23rd put you will pay £80 by the end of each calendar month that way when you make your payment on the 23rd it will clear by the end of each month

my husbands out working and has the car. would it matter if its his car and not mine i don't even have a driving licence.

council tax is a joint debt which means you are both reasonable for the debt so the bailiff can legally levy the car if the debt is for when you both lived together

unless the car is on HP or its a mobility car

bailiffs work from 6am till 9 pm so its always advisable not to park a car outside your home or on the drive at anytime

ok we are a middle terrace so there could anyone of my neighbours cars parked outside. i will get my husband to park it in the nearby carpark.

ok we are a middle terrace so there could anyone of my neighbours cars parked outside. i will get my husband to park it in the nearby carpark.

as long as they don't get a levy on YOUR car you will be fine and fees will be caped at 1st visit fee £24.50 and 2nd visit fee £18 if they leave you a notice of seizure levying a neighbours car let us know and we will help you deal with it

urm..

i'd question paying the bailiff anything at all here.

pay the council via your internet banking portal.

the problem with paying the bailiff is that it gives him

cart blanche availiability to 'take' money for his 'fees'

that he thinks fit he can charge.

if he's never been to the house then theres no fees at all. for a ctax letter.

you have ofcourse checked there IS an active LO issued by the council?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it this related to this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?384596-bailiff-charges

ideally you really should keep to ONE thread

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi yes there is a liability order and i have put on the letter that is the bailiff doesn't accept my offer i will pay direct to council, my only worry with paying it direct to council is that they take it off this years council tax and not what is left from last year.

thats an old resolved debt. ive gotten into a bit of a cycle with the council tax of paying bailiffs

and not having enough money to pay this years council tax and then having bailiffs again . but its getting better.

i was up to date with the council tax until xmas hit then i was off work for 2 months sick

and have been on a phased return to work.

im now back to my normal hours but unable to do all the overtime i used so the last few months have been a struggle.

ok well i'm just a bit concerned

you've had ctax debts going back to 2008 and if this

is being compounded by fees

as you've been told numerous times before

you need to deal with the council to save money

dx

and they

thats an old resolved debt. ive gotten into a bit of a cycle with the council tax of paying bailiffs

and not having enough money to pay this years council tax and then having bailiffs again . but its getting better.

i was up to date with the council tax until xmas hit then i was off work for 2 months sick

and have been on a phased return to work.

im now back to my normal hours but unable to do all the overtime i used so the last few months have been a struggle.

I really think you should enter into a discussion with the council regarding council tax issues that you face and the reasons for these. Perhaps there is a way that you can deal with the council directly, with a payment arrangement made to them. You can pay the bailiff the amount due for their visits separately.

If the council offices are local to you and you can speak to someone face to face, taking in a letter to explain your situation, you will find them more helpful, than someone annoymous on the end of a telephone.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i called the council to make an agreement for this years council tax as of yet i haven't paid any and was told they cant enter an agreement now until a liability order is made on it. she couldn't set up dd for when i get paid so i have there details and will pay standing order on payday and hope they can see im making a effort. ive applied for council tax benefit and been told we would get based on income to fill in all the forms and have a meeting with then to then be told no we can claim it.