style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a long story so I will only put the basics.

We purchased a car for my other half 2 weeks ago (from a garage),

2 days after we got it she had

the engine management light come on,

a ringing noise started from the engine bay

and the central locking was not working correctly,

returned the car same day to arrange to have it sorted out.

Upon picking the car up my girlfriend was told 'its just because it was owned by an old lady before, hasn't been over 50mph for years.

dunno what you're on about with the ringing noise'

so she took him out in the car and he fobbed her off again with it 'it will settle down once its used to being driven'

The next day the engine management light came on again and the car started driving really badly,

the noise from the engine got worse.

Got diagnostics done at a different garage and ascertained the car would need a lot of work to be rectified,

by this point she had lost all confidence in the car and garage as the car was not fit for purpose and just wanted her money back.

Took the car back to reject as we both work full time and have two kids so reliable transport is a must, this was not at all!

The garage owner was very rude and nasty about this and was quite aggressive.

He flat out refused a full refund as we he said he 'doesn't just let people borrow cars and said we had it for two weeks'

(taking away the day he had it to 'repair' and the morning of the day we took it back we had it for 9 days)

He deducted £150 from the price we paid, as we were getting nowhere and had both kids with us we ended up accepting it.

His next claim was he didn't know how to do refunds but his wife would do it on Monday (yesterday)

so we got an agreement to pay £x,xxx as full and final on blah blah blah written on headed paper from the garage and signed/dated.

The money is still not showing in the account today (not expecting cleared available funds but it should be at least showing by now if the refund was done yesterday?)

We are not convinced he has sent the V5 off,

could he use this as a way to try and worm out of paying the money back?

We have all of the paperwork that came with the car photocopied, pictures of the car,

the WHOLE conversation from Saturday clearly recorded from two different phones and the signed agreement to a refund.

Also the car was put back up for sale 2 hours after we dropped it off at the original price

and described as a perfect working car with incorrect mileage, spec and wrong number of owners etc.

who do we report this to?

Do not want someone else to go through what we have with this poor excuse of a trader.

Thanks in advance sorry its so long winded!!

How did you make the payment in the first instance.. credit card / cash ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

time to inform trading standards me thinks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would an email be the best route or phone them?

I know refunds won't clear straight away but am I right in thinking the 'account balance' should register the amount just not the 'available balance' soon after the refund is made (especially 24 hours after it was supposedly made)?

Really hacked off tbh we went to a garage rather than private or a dodgy driveway car dealer so we wouldn't have these kinds of problems! If we go through trading standards would we get our full amount back? And could we charge for loss of earnings, fuel, our expense of getting diagnostics done?

If Visa credit or debit card ask bank to do a "Chargeback" for you. Don't take any excuse for them not doing it.

From what I can see chargebacks only apply for transactions under £100 on debit cards?

Any ideas on my other questions guys? Money is still not showing :(

varies by bank no harm in trying.

ideally yes you should be placed back to the same financial position

i'd contact TS about this affair.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just filled in the online form to report to TS, will get her to ring the bank tomorrow to see what they can do from their end.

Thanks for the advice will update in due course!