• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Work Programme Radar

Hexcaster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I have a somewhat unique issue here. I'm supposed to be with a work programme, starting from last year. Since before Christmas they seem to have lost my scent and forgotten all about me, no appointments or anything. That's actually not the problem.

I'm happy to have been forgotten by them because they make you travel a fair distance to sit at a computer for a minimum of 2 hours; job searching. Something easily done at home.

Recently, however, a job centre adviser has decided to pick on me; saying that I don't apply for enough jobs per week. The last time I said there were no retail jobs I could apply for, she typed retail into indeed and tried to represent the 10'000 matches as jobs that I could apply for. I've not worked before, and my lack of experience doesn't put me in the best position for any job, but I'm confident that the multitude of management jobs aren't suitable. Nor are the one's in London it suggests for my Glasgow postcode. She's said the work programme should be helping, and that I should get on to them and tell them I'm close to being sanctioned. She's booked me in to see her next time I sign on and she's going to go through things with me with a "fine toothcomb". The woman's attitude is condescending, and despite her saying she isn't challenging me one week. The next she is saying I'm either not putting down everything I'm doing, or I'm just not doing it. I'm either incompetent or a liar, clearly.

I just wonder if she really can sanction me for not being "proactive" enough, in her words. I asked her to give me a number of jobs I should apply for, she said that a set number is a fallacy. So then how can I not be applying for enough?

Regardless, should I contact the Work programme and put myself on their radar again or is there a set number of jobs I should apply for realistically? Do the jobcentre and work programmes even keep in touch with each other about you? They seem to communicate to each other through the client.

Most importantly, how much trouble can I get in for letting the work programme forget about me for so long? :p

Edit: If there is scrutiny and it's discovered I haven't been to the work programme, should I be punished? My agreement says I have to go to all work programme appointments, but I haven't actually had any to go to.

Regarding the Work Programme, you can't be "punished" (sanctioned) for not attending if they haven't asked you to. It's not up to you to chase them - if they want you to do something, they need to issue you with a Mandatory Activity Notification that complies with the regulations. They must either hand such a notice to you in person, or send it to you by post and allow you at least 48 hours notice from receipt of the letter. If they haven't done this and aren't calling you in, you're under no obligation to contact them and ask for appointments. So you can't get in any trouble at all for "letting the WP forget about you" - it's the WP provider's job to engage with you, not the other way round.

When it comes to your Jobcentre adviser, well, it's unfortunate that she's taking that attitude. In general, what you're required to do should be guided by the Jobseekers Agreement you signed when you first made your claim. You might well still have a copy of that - if not, ask your Jobcentre adviser to print one out for you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I do have a copy. It says I have to do 10 "things" (whatever that means) a week. It says I'll access jobsites at least 5 times per week to apply for all suitable vacancies. Which is what I do.

The first time she took issue with me was because I'd written down the times I'd looked and found nothing to apply for, which was more than I'd found jobs to apply for when I managed to land myself with her. The next week she'd booked me in to review my job seeker's agreement (which we didn't do. She spent the time with me refuting what I was telling her, constantly saying "nope" to everything I was telling her) I didn't write down when I've looked at a site and haven't found any to apply for, I just put down that I'd been looking at the sites over the fortnight and noted the jobs I'd applied for. That's when she decided to book time with me the next time I signed on, sigh.

How much paper and ink do they want me to use? Do they want me to make things up, or apply for unrealistic jobs to pad it out I wonder?

Edit: I'd also like to point out how bizarre it is that she thinks there are 1000's of jobs for me to apply for, she was insinuating having to send out 100 CVs a week (but that's just her). Tons of the jobs I find on job searches are management jobs, others require experience and particularly on UJM there are like 7 entries of the exact same job. Should I make an application for the same job 7 times to keep her happy? They have different job ID's/ref numbers, so are they technically a different job to a job centre adviser?

Edited by Hexcaster

no doubt eventually these people will catch on to you,you say you have never worked,is that how you want to go on??,playing some silly game?,at the end of the day you will be the loser,kick these people out the way and sort yourself a decent job and get the fck away from them!

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but if I can keep the work programme inconvenience away while dealing with the job centre at the same time then I'm all for that.

no doubt eventually these people will catch on to you,you say you have never worked,is that how you want to go on??,playing some silly game?,at the end of the day you will be the loser,kick these people out the way and sort yourself a decent job and get the fck away from them!

I'm not sure that saying "Get a job!" is really all that helpful. I presume Hexcaster already realises that the purpose of this exercise is to find employment, and I imagine that if he or she could simply start work and stick two fingers up at the WP and JCP, he or she would have done so already.

Do you have any constructive advice to offer? I try to help, but I'm not an expert on JSA matters - if there's something useful you could add, it would be appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Citizen kain lives in the dark ages ! Of course this person is looking for SUITABLE employment - have you any idea what it's like applying for jobs every day when a lot of the employers haven't even the decency to send an email or letter saying sorry but you were not successful this time !

Hexcaster, sometimes you have to play the game. I don't know how old you are, but if you've never worked you're probably fairly young. So yes, I think you should apply for jobs you have no chance of getting if it leads to a quiet life with your JCP adviser.

Regardless, should I contact the Work programme and put myself on their radar again or is there a set number of jobs I should apply for realistically? Do the jobcentre and work programmes even keep in touch with each other about you? They seem to communicate to each other through the client.

As antone has already said, it is for the WP provider to keep in contact with you, not the other way round. As far as the JCP goes, once you have been placed on the Work Programme, they effectively wash their hands of you and should be leaving the responsibility of checking your job search activity to the WP provider. If this isn't the case and the JCP want a copy of your job search, put down everything. Each time you visit a web site, click on the "work for us" link (even if it isn't in the UK), record it as "contacting an employer via the internet". Each time you go out shopping, ask at the checkout "any jobs", record this as "visiting a potential employer". Then do your usual job searches & applications.

It is unfortunate that there is little in terms of real jobs out there, but a few shops are taking on part time staff round here. Keep at it and you will find something eventually.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Always go by your JSA Agreement, If it says 10 things then do 10 things and they can't get you.

1: Online job search - May not find any suitable jobs but put down what takes your eye and then the reason why not applied- No SIA Licence - No driving licence etc..

2: Papers

3: Spec Letters (they never know if you have or not)

4: Spec phone calls (they never know if you have or not)

5: Spec call in to certain premises

If your job search record lists at least 10 things they will be unable to touch you as you will have completed your

requirements, Write them down or use excel and print them out, I have never had a problem with mine unless

I forget to take my sheet with me.

Also you need to avoid signing up to UJM, its a sanction machine with no human feelings and do something wrong on that system

and find yourself with a sanction.

George

You accidentally logged on the CAG forum instead of your usual Daily Wail comments and rants page. Now can you please fidget off!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

if you can't say anything useful then don't say anything at all, we all want to work but everyone faces different barriers..you views are not welcome here so byeee ;)

I live in the real world joeski,you wanna try it now and then,the Op said initially he was basically fed up with the job centre people,who aint,personally Id sooner go shoplifting than jump through the hoops these people set up! and you san_d you are a bit silly coming onto a consumer forum and not realising that every different person has a different point of view to you! lol, you are so simple its funny!,lol

Always go by your JSA Agreement, If it says 10 things then do 10 things and they can't get you.

1: Online job search - May not find any suitable jobs but put down what takes your eye and then the reason why not applied- No SIA Licence - No driving licence etc..

2: Papers

3: Spec Letters (they never know if you have or not)

4: Spec phone calls (they never know if you have or not)

5: Spec call in to certain premises

If your job search record lists at least 10 things they will be unable to touch you as you will have completed your

requirements, Write them down or use excel and print them out, I have never had a problem with mine unless

I forget to take my sheet with me.

Also you need to avoid signing up to UJM, its a sanction machine with no human feelings and do something wrong on that system

and find yourself with a sanction.

George

They've asked me before about UJM, something along the lines of am I registered. I am registered, I just haven't shared my details with them.. I think the work programme was supposed to get a hold of that. Lol. Besides my account with UJM doesn't work, no matter what I do it says I've put in a wrong ID and password, even though I have emails with password reset requests and the like. It's all just a travesty.