Wetcloths new tactics wages slip letter - satans bank debt

Fulhamboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all ,

I received through the post Fri what appears to be a wage slip . Approx 6 by 4 1ns . the ones with the perforated edge which you tear off .

I opened it up and was asked to phone a certain person to update my details along with the office hours .

It was only when I looked at the bottom that I noticed the name and address of Wetcloths .

They should really leave that bit off if they want people to contact them.

Is this a new tactic to get our attention ?

Is it because us naughty caggers are immune or ignoring their threat o grams ?

Cheeky beggars.. Mind you if they had left off their details, they would have been in even bigger trouble :)

Do you have dealings with them ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is an unfair and deceptive business practice and I wonder if we will see more now Wescot has been absorbed.

Report with copy to OFT>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Serious question. Is it really deceptive.

Surely no different to the many letters or phone calls that are sent asking someone to phone to discuss a personal matter.

It is different though fletch. OFT guidance is quite clear about things of this nature.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Even the CSA has made it clear that this kind of contact is out of order, there is also guidance on the presentation of debt collection letter, asking/requiring an individual to ''up date'' their personal details in this way is totally out of order.

Again asking anyone to contact a company of any sort regarding a personal matter is in itself deceptive especially as many people will not now the nature of the companies business.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ok fair point. However if they put any details in aren't they at risk of breaking other rules. Rock and hard place comes to mind.

You know of course how much respect i have for DCAs :rofl:

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

No if the letter is addressed to mr xxxxx and he receives it then the individual should be made aware of why the contact is being made, addressing such correspondence to the occupier or the householder or asking if 'you are not this person can you please give as any information etc'' have all been tried by the DCAs and many individuals have been caught out.

All in the OFT Guidance Deceptive and Unfair Practices sections.

Evening Brig

Have wetcloths been bought out ? Didn 't they post postcards with vague details on at one time ?

I think it is a cost cutting measure . Companies with a large workforce have these printed off by

a third party and in this case wetcloths supply the details inside . So the naive would phone up

to speak to for eg Brig, then will be asked a few security questions then bingo they have you by the

short and curlies . I know what it is about its an annual gee up from a well known Spanish bank .

Yes now in with AG as their debt collection arm.

They used a To the occupier card with just a phone number and little else a few years ago.

Satans at it again then?

Morning Brig,

I assume you mean Arrow Global ? Is it a case of same s*** different DCA ? I like Wetcloths

they are not as menacing as other DCAs and can be quite helpful when it suits.Strange that

the Satans bank have not assigned the debt. It is good policy to keep in touch with the OC.

I always say only ever deal with the OC, ignore these puerile DCA's, none of them are menacing at all, they simply bark louder than others and that means they open themselves up to further ridicule and legal action.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Morning Brig,

I assume you mean Arrow Global ? Is it a case of same s*** different DCA ? I like Wetcloths

they are not as menacing as other DCAs and can be quite helpful when it suits.Strange that

the Satans bank have not assigned the debt. It is goatod policy to keep in touch with the OC.

Arrow Global is a debt purchase company that ha no debt collection arm until Wescot joined them there been an assortment of 'notifications' on this that have been posted on the forums.