Getting ready to take on Vanquis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had my hours at work cut severely so cannot afford to pay my credit cards on a monthly basis.

I owe money on my vanquis card (£2800)

I would like to take the bull by the horns and set up a payment plan, but am unsure how to do this with vanquis.

I realise I am not obliged o send them my income details, but just inform them how much I am willing to pay.

With vanquis, I would like to post all communication to them, as I heard they can be quite disgusting on the phone.

What address would I post this to, and what

Any direction that you can point me in will be deeply appreciated as I have not done this in awhile so feel really stuck.

• 1 month later...

I sent my letter off to Vanquis offering to pay a reduced amount monthly and a request to stop interest but have heard nothing back.

I have however, received a few overdue letters. Should I resend the letter and/or maybe an email (saw an email address I think somewhere on another thread...)

• 3 weeks later...

Dont forget the breach of oft guidance on debt collection. Specifically failing to take the debtors financial circumstances into consideration

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont forget the breach of oft guidance on debt collection. Specifically failing to take the debtors finanxual circumstances into consideration

Oh did not think of that. I have specifically told them I have financial difficulties so will mention that when replying in writing

Thank you

Do you pay £1 direct to Vanquis or step change?

Go to Impact site and pay it on there, = Impact is Vanquis DCA, step change only advise you! take matters into your own hands as a payment shows you have tried to agree an agreement but they refuse, keep all paper work, also start a spreadsheet of all charges they give you I.E. late payment/default and use interest 39.9% or the% that they charge you> eventually the amount should more than cover what they allege you owe.

if you write to them (Why)? just do as we do £1.00 as and when you can thru Impact site as vanquis will stop you using their main site.

also Vanquis want you to agree without saying it that they still get interest payment and maybe £2.00 off what you owe, hence pay forever they are a winner then.

any correspondence if you so wish to them send recorded delivery.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Sorry to ask these questions Mike but:

Do I tell them that I am paying via IMpact £1 per month?
    As they are sending me total amounts, do I ask them for a breakdown letter and is this chargeable?
    What do you mean Vanquis want me to agree to still get interest payments? How does that work?

Sorry to ask these questions Mike but:

Do I tell them that I am paying via IMpact £1 per month?

= I do not they send statement showing the payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As they are sending me total amounts, do I ask them for a breakdown letter and is this chargeable?
    What do you mean Vanquis want me to agree to still get interest payments? How does that work?

as above they are wanting you to pay say £30.00 for instance but say £28.00 is charges/interest, so that way they win as they get you to repay for near forever that is what I see it as.

• 1 month later...

I have been paying vanquis via my bank (£1 per month) instead of using Impact as they are the same, but they are not acknowledging this.

Vanquis are phoning me even though I have stressed in a letter not to, and Impact have phoned as well.

Shall I carry on paying vanquis and also send Impact/Vanquis a letter stating that I am paying £1 a month?

I would like to complain to the OFT - is this possible and if so what would the address be?

Might as well pay Impact Aka Vanquis anyway just the next department, do it on their site, vanquis will close access to their site direct soon as they did me, Impact Aka vANQUIS will send billing anyway showing payment.

ignore FOS for now you really need better case 1st.

You could send if you have not already letter stating no telephone calls, in writing only for records, and if they do not stop calls you will record date.time and also inform FOS that they are breaking guidlines set by FOS.

Impact are Vanquis in house monkeys, been told operate in a toilet block.

Thanks Mike - the only problem with paying Impact is that I do not have a direct debit card that is why I phone my bank and pay the money on my card that way.

Mind you, I have some cheque books that are just sitting there, I could post cheques to them.

I think I will fire off a letter to them stating that I will be paying monthly £1 by cheque, and no telephone calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had a Case management Team write to them from Vanquis?

I now have a case manager who has been assigned to my account, and they state that they can offer me an interest free agreement tailored to my financial circumstances.

Never heard of this and wanted to know if anyone had given them a call and gone down this route......

Ask them to explain what they mean. If its just a repayment plan wit interest stopped, go for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I got it in writing, and sent an email to them which they replied stating that for the next 6 months all interest charges will be frozen and then it will be reviewed again. (paying £10 per month)

Capital one has done the same thing (sorry, I know its not a Cap thread but thought I would throw it all in....)

This will give me some breathing space to sort things out.:-)