Checked my file and CCJ @ old address? No idea what this is!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All

Been checking and trying to tidy up my credit file,

and today just refreshed my credit file,

only to find that a CCJ has been entered against me, at my old address,

which i haven't lived there for approx 18 months!!!

Registered in May 13 for £313

I have no idea what this could be for or who it is.

There was no reference on my file apart from CCJ entered and a court number

What do i do!

My file was starting to look healthy until this and now it has dropped right off the mark!!!

Really narked about this.

Help appreciated please

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Trustonline.org charges a nominal fee. If you have proof you were not living there, then a set aside should be pretty straight forward.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yea.

Think its a small fee, but its a small price to pay to get your credit record clear again.

The only thing you need to be concerned about is they usually check if you gave the creditor your new address.

However, if you hadnt heard anything from them for a long time,

then it would be obvious they issued it on an old address to get judgement by default.

They cant really claim that they had that address as the last record,

as its easy for them to do a credit search and check your new details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've moved you to the legal forum

plenty of help here

if type in

set aside a ccj

in the search on the right of the top grey toolbar

you'll see plenty of other threads to browse

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is going to be the Northampton bulk centre that dealt with the CCJ, as they deal with online applications. If you give them a call, they can advise the details. You can then look to apply for a set aside, based on not receiving the court claim. As long as you say that you had informed companies of your new address, then it should be straightforward. If the set aside is then agreed, you can defend or pay the company the relevant amount.

Northampton court tel no. 0845 408 5302

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

prob is your old address not in the linkws addresses section?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is linked, as everything was changed over. So you can see my chanhed address one the filesn, and the date we moved and its showing as linked.

Very odd. Will have to pay another fee to search old address?

If I was to sumbit to set aside the judgement based on my credit file, shwing I have no idea who they are and that I moved, do you think this is enough to have it set aside!

Thing is the balance is for 313 so that will involve costs, so the acutal balance wouldn't have been that high.if I owed someone money I would have paid it.

If my set aside isn't sucessful, how does the CCJ affect your credit. If I paid the full amount to clear, would I still have a massively negitive credit rating?

Thanks

Lesley

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

A CCJ is recorded on CRA files as 'public information' and remains for 6 years, it will be a total bar to getting further credit.

Are there any accounts on your CRA file that match the amount of the claim?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You will need to find out who the judgement was awarded to, if you check your old address on T O L, get the claim number and the court that issued the claim then phone and ask for the details.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

To the Court that issue the judgment stamped on the Notice of Judgment.(N24)

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I don't have that, they sent me a copy of the screen shot of judgment and their claim form which has Northampton

I advised them I had no idea what it was for, and that's all they sent me??

So take it to Northampton you think? May be best place as that would be MCOL default place would it not?

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Yes if it was a default Judgment and issued in Northampton....if successful your claim will then be transferred to your local County Court.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread