BankFodder BankFodder

Bluenose1875

Furniture Village - Further delays to delivery date for sofa. How do I cancel order?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I ordered a reclining sofa on 14th February 2013 with a delivery date of 6 / 8 weeks printed on invoice (this was manually changed to 11 weeks by the salesperson). I paid a deposit on my credit card and signed up to an interest free finance package for the remainder of cost. Mid -may, I contacted store and asked where my sofa was and was told they were having supplier problems and it should be available in mid-June. I have just rung the store again and have now been told that it will not be available until the end of June.

Quite frankly I have had enough of waiting and am growing concerned as to whether delivery will ever happen.

What I want to do is cancel the contract and receive repayment of my deposit. I have heard about giving a reasonable deadline for delivery as a specific date was not agreed at the outset, but am unsure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. Are FV in Breach of Contract?:???:

Firstly you must give them written notice of cancellation. Do nothing on the phone - unless you record the calls.

Write to them. Lay out what has happened - all the delays etc.

tell them that you don't accept the latest delay and that you are now making time of the essence. If they cannot complete the contract within 7 days then the contract is cancelled and you will require the refund of all payments within 14 days.

Send this to them recorded. Make sure that you get it in the post on Monday.

Confirm by email if you can.

See what they say but be prepared for trouble.

Come back here

you can try to cancel your contract? they may even respond by getting it to you earlier.

but doubt they will role over easily.

Also is the loan you took out is probably a personal loan ( doubt it would be hp ). and totally separate and not linked to the purchase.

From what I understand they use different credit/finance cos. and you enter into a contract with them, not FV!

FV pay the finance co an amount from the sale or pay FV an amount less than what you will pay, as a separate deal to cover the interest etc.

therefore getting out of the loan may prove costly and difficult.

maybe worth being more patient!!

Speak to them and see what they say.

I disagree.

Stop letting yourself be mucked around.

Cancel the contract. Once that is done you can then start the business of sorting out the rest of the mess that this company has landed you in.

If you continue being patient you will find yourself still at it 4 months down the line. You might even find that the company goes under and that you have lost money which you can't recover.

Strange as these guys have always been great to us and i've got compensation a couple of time very easily. But I agree, it is time to not stand for this sort of rubbish and cancel the contract as advised above with written recorded notice (a scan by e-mail to speed up the process is always helpful too).

Alternatively I would go to the store and speak with the manager, start off being very nice and explain the issue and push for it to be canceled (or set a goal for compensation, I would suggest 20% as a minimum or you'll cancel, you'd get 10% without breaking sweat) - might be a good way to get the sofa you wanted and a bit of money off. Don't let them fob you off with a 10% off your next order either - they often try this. If the manager is not complying start making a bit of a fuss, if you do this at a weekend they will want you out asap as they are busy selling and don't want others to be put off.

Other thing I've done before is to add on an extra item as compensation at a very reduced price (TV console I went for) at virtually cost price (65% off shop price - which is about a 40% discount when you bear in mind they usually can discount things quite a bit).

Just some ideas, as using your position as leverage to get other things is never a bad thing - and saves you cancelling that sofa (if you are anything like us) that you spent a very long time trying to find!

Hi,Sorry to hear about this delay, and the problems you are experiencing. Are you able to give me your order number or Billing Post code and I will look into this for you

That's what we like a positive response.

Hope it gets sorted to OP satisfaction.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hi,Sorry to hear about this delay, and the problems you are experiencing. Are you able to give me your order number or Billing Post code and I will look into this for you

You will need to provide a dedicated telephone number or email address for the OP to provide this information, I think !

Neither you or the Original Poster have sufficient posts to exchange via private messaging and it is not something we encourage anyway.

As an example, I would refer you to the CAG Vodafone rep - who provides a dedicated email address for users to contact.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I ordered a reclining sofa on 14th February 2013 with a delivery date of 6 / 8 weeks printed on invoice (this was manually changed to 11 weeks by the salesperson). I paid a deposit on my credit card and signed up to an interest free finance package for the remainder of cost. Mid -may, I contacted store and asked where my sofa was and was told they were having supplier problems and it should be available in mid-June. I have just rung the store again and have now been told that it will not be available until the end of June.

Quite frankly I have had enough of waiting and am growing concerned as to whether delivery will ever happen.

What I want to do is cancel the contract and receive repayment of my deposit. I have heard about giving a reasonable deadline for delivery as a specific date was not agreed at the outset, but am unsure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. Are FV in Breach of Contract?:???:

Hi,Not sure if your chair has arrived yet, can you let me know, and if not let me know which store you purchased from and I will look into this for you.

Great news. I followed your advice and sent a letter giving 7 days to make good the contract. Within a day of receiving the letter, the store manager rang me. The manager was very helpful and offered me a discount or cancellation of the contract. I elected to cancel the contract. Within a couple of days the deposit was credited back to me credit card.

I am grateful to CAG for the advice and to the staff at the branch of FV where I shopped, for acting professionally to resolve this issue.:-D

Great news. I followed your advice and sent a letter giving 7 days to make good the contract. Within a day of receiving the letter, the store manager rang me. The manager was very helpful and offered me a discount or cancellation of the contract. I elected to cancel the contract. Within a couple of days the deposit was credited back to me credit card.

I am grateful to CAG for the advice and to the staff at the branch of FV where I shopped, for acting professionally to resolve this issue.:-D

This is good news! Glad to hear our Manager dealt with the matter and you are pleased with the outcome.

Well - a great shame that this purchase went wrong - but it can happen even with the best of companies.

The most important thing is that it seems that eventually it was handled correctly and responsibly. A test of a good company is how they handle their problems.

Looks as if Furniture Village handled this well - so well-done.

Same thing happened to me.I have ordered a sofa from my fathers account for my sister who is now student in the University. It is at the premium price and when my dad found out he was not so happy with the cost so within 2 days I wanted to cancel the contract with FV but they have not accepted and promised me to deliver the sofas towards the end of October. So I have calmed my father down and convinced him that the delivery will be quick and trust my choice but now I got a very big let down from the company that they say they will deliver them until end of November. Now my reputation and everything on the line in front of my Dad and he said that i need to cancel it or pay it myself. Please help me on how to cancel it really frustrated here :(((