lost tax disc

thorntondog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is so weird and unbelievable.

I have a magnetic tax disc hiolder on my windscreen and if it is a sunny day, it often falls off onto the dashboard. As I was driving today, the tax disc holder fell and I saw the paper valid tax disc fall on the floor by the passenger seat.

When I got home I opened the passenger door to get a bag off the seat and I didnt pick the disc up. Later I went back out and thought I must put the disc back and now I cant find it in my car. I have looked under all the seats and wondered if it could have blown out when I opened the passenger door the first time even though I dont think it was that windy today.

I am baffled, I have been out to my car four more times to look for it and no luck.

Can I still drive as my car is taxed until July 2013 and I will be sending off for a duplicate tax disc first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks

You can drive it, but the police may pull you over and issue a fine/penalty points for failure to display the disc.

In my opinion, its better to leave the car at home and use alternative transport. Its not worth the risk of a fine and points.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D