Finally !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I finally got the Brown Envelope this morning after 5 and a half months, advising me Ive been put into the WRAG with no Assessment.

Onward and upwards to the appeal !!

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

I finally got the Brown Envelope this morning after 5 and a half months, advising me Ive been put into the WRAG with no Assessment.

Onward and upwards to the appeal !!

How long have you been placed in WRAG for ?

Are you appealing because you may meet one of the Support group descriptors ?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@disabled/documents/digitalasset/dg_177366.pdf

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

OK

No my wife isnt employed as such though she does work............As my carer and is paid as a Carer

Been placed for 365 days, looks like

I am appealing because I meet several of the Support group descriptors.

It would seem the DM missed the bit about my condition being degenerative.

Bizarre really as I'm also on High Rate care and High rate Mobility

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Your DLA makes no difference. And it doesn't matter if your condition is degenerative. (unless it's terminal)

Those arent the reasons for my appeal

Can sort of see how in certain cases someone on HRM could still be work and be placed in WRAG, but would think it more diffiicult if person also needs high rate care, unless it's a shorter term condition which can improve. Maybe I don't understand the reason for DLA being awarded properly.

Did you detail the level of care of you need on the ESA form? They've maybe overlooked somehting on your form or ignored it more likely.

good luck with your appeal.

Thanks Fightingback.

I included a 4 page explanation of my condition, including the fact that it actually started in the 70's yet I battled through and continued working until the early 90's when after spending 3 weeks in bed and then spending a week in Hospital I was told by the Orthopaedic consultant I would never and should never work again.

I also included a long explanation of of a 'Typical day'.

I suspect the reasoning for dumping me into the WRAG is that I had little actual medical records.

All the scans etc from the Hospital were destroyed after 10 years (that shocked me) and worse, all my medical records were lost by the Family Practictioner committee when I moved house and doctor back in 2001 and even worse my previous records were destroyed in 1989 when the temporary Doctors surgery burnt down !.

The one saviour at the moment is that I'm too old for them to call me in for the WFI so in effect Ive been swapped from one benefit to another, same money only with ESA I'll probably have to go through this again in the future unless I can get them to put me onto the support group. But as I hit retirement age soon it wont matter much.

I'm happy to challenge them, gives me something to do !

What you were like 30 years ago is irrelevant. I have very little medical evidence (having being diagnosed with 3 things within the space of 3 weeks last year) and had no problem getting ESA support group.

What you were like 30 years ago is irrelevant. I have very little medical evidence (having being diagnosed with 3 things within the space of 3 weeks last year) and had no problem getting ESA support group.

I'm happy for you.