Back dating of benefits after redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Single parent daughter (now with 2 boys) was made redundant a couple of weeks after she returned from maternity ( another thread on here:evil:).

Since then she has been chasing all the gov /council departments for here benefits/credits etc , there has been a ridiculous amount of delays/backlogs in getting this resolved and its still on going.

So My question is : .. during this time she has spent her meager redundancy pay and some family borrowing just keeping the council house and associated payments going,

Should she not have her benefits backdated to the time of her original claims,( which is the 4th Feb this year), to get all or some of this money back ? .

take care all ..

Chris.

I'm by no means am expert in the matter but I'm sure that my local council date stamp all received mail and claim forms when they arrive and use that date for when they allow claims to start.

Are her council saying they have a backlog and therefore claims are delayed in being processed and are only being paid out from the date of being processed? If so I would challenge them as to why they aren't backdating the claims.

Feebee_71

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...