• Tweets

• Please make sure that you have read at least a dozen or so of the other Hermes stories on the sub- forum. Come back and confirm that you have done this. Once you have done the reading you will understand the whole situation about insurance and you will understand that with our help you will be able to get all of your money back. You will also understand how it works and the fact that Hermes will force you to go to court and they will eventually go to mediation and there they will end up offering you pretty well everything you are claiming that they will try to hold back on a few things such as court costs. You will also understand that if you stand your ground then you will get everything. You will see that Hermes will exploit the tax payer funded poorly resourced County Court system in order to avoid their proper responsibilities towards you and to avoid the consequences of their own negligence in handling your property. Hermes treatment of their own customers and of the County Court system is abusive but I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do to stop them other than to challenge them all the time and to make sure you get your money back. You will need to begin a formal complaint against Hermes. Simply tell them that you don't accept their position and you want your money back. Send it to them by email. Don't certainly deadlines – but wait probably about 10 days and then if they refuse or if you don't hear from them come back here and we will help you with the next step. If you've done your reading then you will know what those steps are You will get your money back but I'm afraid that Hermes will spend far more than it's worth to try and deprive you and so it will probably be at least two or three months.  
    • The reports come as Facebook's WhatsApp starts to roll out a disappearing photos and videos feature.View the full article
    • Hi   Irrespective that you were given this property via the homelessness scheme in your area you would more than likely have signed an agreement for that property so forget about the homelessness an you then became a Tenant of that Housing Association and have the exact same rights as any other tenant of that Housing Association.   I do have compassion for you in this situation as you have been trying to get your life back in order and it as been one obsticale after another then this flooding which due to it being raw sewege has more than likely detroyed what belonging you had.   What I am going to say now you won't like to hear but with Housing Associations the contents of a Tenants property is for that individual Tenant to ensure they have proper 'Contents Insurance' for situations similar to yours and most Housing Association should advertise/let Tenants know this responsibility.   Were you ever informed of the above requirement when viewing/signing the agreement for the property by either the Housing Association/Support Worker? (if the answer is NO then bear than in mind as this is ammunition to use against them)   Now anytime you write to the Housing Association on this matter you make sure and title your letter as a 'Formal Complaint' and to keep a good paper trail of everything and ask the post office for Free Proof of Posting.   You also need to make sure that you take photographic evidence of all the damage to the property not just your own belongings.   Now as state you now need to make a Formal Complaint in writing explaining everything that and what you have been told to date and that you require the following:   1. Clarification as to how many complaints have been made in your building due to drainage issues whether it be an individual properties toilets/sinks/baths/showers/kitchen sinks/washing machine drainage etc.  ( just to clarify you ar not asking for that individual/Tenant data but the statistics of how many compliaint's on this matter) 2. Clarification as to who is responsible for the Drainage outside the building (refer to the exact blockage area outside the building) whether it is the Housing Association/Council/Water Company. 3. Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet) 4. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 5. Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet) 6. Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet) 7. Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)
    • Retailers and 190 other businesses broke the law by underpaying workers, the government says.View the full article
    • More people are hiring boats to travel along the UK's canals and rivers amid travel restrictions.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

BT internet inredibly slow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I recently moved house - called bt and they said sure we an oe the internet to new house - but you have to take out a new contract - which i did (18 months) They said I would get 3-6 bps but I getting less than 1 - Is there anything I can do?

Take your modem connection ( the lead that has the phone connector), unscrew the cover off the wall socket and connect direct to the master plate. ALso note that it can take up to 10-14 days for the exchange and your router to stabalise. This is because if you leave your router on, the exchange will send info to your router until it gets to the highest stable setting it can. If you keep switching it off, then the exchange will think theres something wrong with the connection and drop the speed all the way down to the bare minimum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yea I meant mbps not bits . I Have it plugged into the test soket already. They told me that crap about 10 days to stabalize on the phone I dont buy it - I have never had a speed change after time at any other house.

Im not happy paying 46 a month for 60 kbps speed (speedtest says 1.15 mbps but in real ters i an only download at 60 or less KBps)

Doesnt matter if you "buy it" or not. Thats how the system works. Then there are factors such as the internal wiring in your house, length of line from the exchange, possible router outage at the exchange, your mine profile might need editing, are you on PPoA/E or LLU etc etc.

Each connection is much different from another.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I mean line profile. PPPOA etc is Point to Point Protocol over ATM. Basically the encapsulation method ISP's use to send data. Some use LLU (Local Loop unbundling). Depending in the ISP, it could be cheaper for them to use a specific encapsulation method, but it can also make the line a lot less stable.

My advice would be to keep the router switched on and connected for a minimum of 10 days ( the computer doesnt need to be connected or switched on), and if your connection isnt steady by then, give your ISP a call and ask them to check your profile. Usually with errors, they just need to hardcap the line at a lower speed so its stable, then gradually increase it.