invited same day to job interview, couldnt attend - will i get sanctioned?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If we have anything to say about of illustrious representatives, use parliamentary language like i do

Just do not be overt in your response

When a Conservative candidate knocks on my door, i just give them one response

Arkell v. Pressdram (1971)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have anything to say about of illustrious representatives, use parliamentary language like i do

Just do not be overt in your response

When a Conservative candidate knocks on my door, i just give them one response

Arkell v. Pressdram (1971)

I like Arkell vs Pressdram (1971). It is a useful precedent.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yeah. Look, he won't be invited for supper in my house either, but we have to maintain some basic standards here.

ok i'll keep it tonned down in future, is there any way IDS will get kicked out the goverment?

ok i'll keep it tonned down in future, is there any way IDS will get kicked out the goverment?

Seriously, I don't think so - not right now. He's too closely associated with the welfare reform policies. Disastrous as those have been, the Tories have expended huge amount of political capital in championing these changes, and they can't back off now - that would be to admit that they've been wrong for the last three years. Getting rid of IDS would have the same problem: he's their benefits guy and they can't sack him without acknowledging their failures.

So I fear we're stuck with him until 2015 at least. Then...who knows?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Seriously, I don't think so - not right now. He's too closely associated with the welfare reform policies. Disastrous as those have been, the Tories have expended huge amount of political capital in championing these changes, and they can't back off now - that would be to admit that they've been wrong for the last three years. Getting rid of IDS would have the same problem: he's their benefits guy and they can't sack him without acknowledging their failures.

So I fear we're stuck with him until 2015 at least. Then...who knows?

oh great :( i don't know why david cameron wanted a failed leader in the goverment for..i mean the guy look like he's about 75 and he is hated by everyone including cameron himself.

oh great :( i don't know why david cameron wanted a failed leader in the goverment for..i mean the guy look like he's about 75 and he is hated by everyone including cameron himself.

Benefits is a "pet" issue for IDS - that's why he got the DWP job. Plus, you need to include some of your political enemies in your cabinet, so perhaps that's what Cameron was thinking. And frankly, if you want to do a potentially unpopular hatchet job on the welfare system, why not get someone you don't like to wield the axe? It's a win-win: if the policy works, Cameron gets applauded for his vision in appointing IDS. If the policy fails, well, it was all the fault of that IDS bloke, nuffin to do wiv me, I didn't see anyfing.

Benefits is a "pet" issue for IDS - that's why he got the DWP job. Plus, you need to include some of your political enemies in your cabinet, so perhaps that's what Cameron was thinking. And frankly, if you want to do a potentially unpopular hatchet job on the welfare system, why not get someone you don't like to wield the axe? It's a win-win: if the policy works, Cameron gets applauded for his vision in appointing IDS. If the policy fails, well, it was all the fault of that IDS bloke, nuffin to do wiv me, I didn't see anyfing.

sounds logical actually.

i got to go into the sub provider and do job search, they can't force me to use UJM to do the search can they?

sounds logical actually.

i got to go into the sub provider and do job search, they can't force me to use UJM to do the search can they?

No, they can't force you to use UJM. You can use any sites you wish to do your jobsearch.

No, they can't force you to use UJM. You can use any sites you wish to do your jobsearch.

thats good but using their computers you'll be lucky to be able to job search on any site as they are so slow :(

thats good but using their computers you'll be lucky to be able to job search on any site as they are so slow :(

Ach, nothing the WP provider offers you is likely to be of any use, and that includes their crappy computers. All you can do is be philosophical - grin and bear it where you must, and stand up for your rights where you can.

This too shall pass.

Ach, nothing the WP provider offers you is likely to be of any use, and that includes their crappy computers. All you can do is be philosophical - grin and bear it where you must, and stand up for your rights where you can.

This too shall pass.

what i plan to do is do job search at home and when i go to the provider sit at the computer and pretend to look busy, then after about half an hour go to my advisor and say ive applied for all these :)

what i plan to do is do job search at home and when i go to the provider sit at the computer and pretend to look busy, then after about half an hour go to my advisor and say ive applied for all these :)

Well, just don't get caught. Otherwise good luck.

Ah you do that as well, eh! :) I found that after I'd written down 10 jobs my useless adviser merely glanced at the form to see I'd written something so I always took care to leave out any dates...then I could show them the same form next time I was dragged in. If they can't be bothered to read anything, then I can't be bothered to write anything. Fair's fair.

Ah you do that as well, eh! :) I found that after I'd written down 10 jobs my useless adviser merely glanced at the form to see I'd written something so I always took care to leave out any dates...then I could show them the same form next time I was dragged in. If they can't be bothered to read anything, then I can't be bothered to write anything. Fair's fair.

so true, if they want people to do job search in their centre then they should get faster more modern computers. they keep saying sorry for the computers yet they never do anything about them, its most annoying listening to them keep apologizing all the time..they sound so lame and pathetic xD

I know you worry about things. It's understandable - the rules are complex and it's hard to know what any adviser means and what rules they're applying. Still, I recommend that you focus on finding work and, where necessary, protecting your rights. You might get sanctioned, perhaps, but don't fret about it until you have a reason to think it might actually happen.

If a DWP staffer wants to sanction you they'll have to tell you about it. In the meantime, look for work when you can and stop fretting about sanctions. You'll be OK.

its just been going round in my head as to why the guy signing asked if i was sure an application was made and i think i replied no or not sure as i was confused at what he was saying :/ then he wrote something on my job search form and that has never happened before.

would he have told me there and then if i was going to be sanctioned as i haven't had any letter through the post?

Go out and find at least one thing each day that makes you smile.

When you've got more money than sense, you're still not above the law: Lamborghini seized:rofl:

If you applied for a vacancy online, there is an implicit assumption that the application went through as soon as you clicked on the "send" button. So if you get asked the question again, reply "one would assume it was sent". As for a sanction, you probably would have heard by now if it was going to happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

When you've got more money than sense, you're still not above the law: Lamborghini seized:rofl:

If you applied for a vacancy online, there is an implicit assumption that the application went through as soon as you clicked on the "send" button. So if you get asked the question again, reply "one would assume it was sent". As for a sanction, you probably would have heard by now if it was going to happen.

thanks, money went into my account today so it looks like i was worrying over nothing :)

would he have told me there and then if i was going to be sanctioned as i haven't had any letter through the post?

The guy or gal at the Jobcentre can't simply decide to apply a sanction on a whim. If they feel such action may be applicable, they must refer it to the Decision Making and Appeals team, who will want to hear your side of things before they make a decision. You would be contacted before any sanction was applied.

As I and others have said, just do your best to look for work and stop worrying.

The guy or gal at the Jobcentre can't simply decide to apply a sanction on a whim. If they feel such action may be applicable, they must refer it to the Decision Making and Appeals team, who will want to hear your side of things before they make a decision. You would be contacted before any sanction was applied.

As I and others have said, just do your best to look for work and stop worrying.

i have heard a member of the signing team say to someone once i'm going to have to refer it to DMA.

thanks i will try not to worry so much but its hard when you got anxiety :/

am i on income based or contribution based JSA as i'm confused between the 2? :/

We can't say for sure. Contribution based JSA can be paid to those who have been working and paid NI contributions. It's payable for a maximum of 26 weeks. Income based JSA is paid to those who don't qualify for JSA© and is dependent on household income.

We can't say for sure. Contribution based JSA can be paid to those who have been working and paid NI contributions. It's payable for a maximum of 26 weeks. Income based JSA is paid to those who don't qualify for JSA© and is dependent on household income.

well i live with my parents and i haven't worked for a while, i've been claiming for more than 26 weeks though.

the reason i need to know is its looking like i'm going to have to pay a visit to the dentist and only those on income jsa get free dental care.

You're probably on JSA(IB) then. You can confirm this with the benefit centre that pays your claim, but I'd say 99% certain.

People on JSA© can, if they have a low income, use form HC1 to apply for help with dental costs, prescription charges and so on.