invited same day to job interview, couldnt attend - will i get sanctioned?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so if you leave the box about allowing the DWP access to your account unticked does that mean advisors can't ask you to sign in to UJM at appointments?

DWP staff are not permitted to allow a claimant to use their computer to log in to UJ (as per DWP UJ Toolkit and a host of other internal data security documents). To use the UJ, an adviser should direct you to one of the Internet Access Devices installed for such use.

Should the "adviser" hover over your shoulder whilst logging in, you can refuse on the grounds that there is a risk of your password & login ID being compromised - It is called Shoulder Surfing and is oft used at cashpoints and other publicly accessable terminals.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

DWP staff are not permitted to allow a claimant to use their computer to log in to UJ (as per DWP UJ Toolkit and a host of other internal data security documents). To use the UJ, an adviser should direct you to one of the Internet Access Devices installed for such use.

Should the "adviser" hover over your shoulder whilst logging in, you can refuse on the grounds that there is a risk of your password & login ID being compromised - It is called Shoulder Surfing and is oft used at cashpoints and other publicly accessable terminals.

at the sub provider i'm with and ingeus i see advisors sitting with people, UJM open on there screens and at the sub provider one of the advisors opened UJM on her computer and said to the person she was seeing "put your password in".

so as i haven't ticked the box's allowing them access they won't be able to do that with me?

A WP provider has no legal right to insist on you logging on to a computer on their premises for the purpose of showing your activity on UJ or any other site. If they make such a demand, tell them to seek qualified legal advice and contact the Information Commissioners Office.

They can ask to see evidence of your job search activity, but like the DWP, they can not decide on the format or method the information is presented - I had this argument with A4e when one of their harpies insisted I kept a record on my laptop for her viewing. She got a hand written log and a blunt reprimand for asking.

A WP provider has no legal right to insist on you logging on to a computer on their premises for the purpose of showing your activity on UJ or any other site. If they make such a demand, tell them to seek qualified legal advice and contact the Information Commissioners Office.

They can ask to see evidence of your job search activity, but like the DWP, they can not decide on the format or method the information is presented - I had this argument with A4e when one of their harpies insisted I kept a record on my laptop for her viewing. She got a hand written log and a blunt reprimand for asking.

the only thing they see is my job diary sheet and email responses from employers, so when i get asked if i've signed up to UJM will the advisor ask for my email?

also as i haven't given them access to my account when they click on it will it say something like 'this profile is set to private'?

the only thing they see is my job diary sheet and email responses from employers, so when i get asked if i've signed up to UJM will the advisor ask for my email?

also as i haven't given them access to my account when they click on it will it say something like 'this profile is set to private'?

WP advisers have no access to your UJM account whether or not you allowed access to DWP staff.

If you didn't check the box to allow DWP staff access, they'll get some sort of error if they try to access, or maybe the option to view your account simply won't present itself to them. I don't know exactly how it works from their end, but they will know you haven't granted access. As things stand, that is your right - they can't hold it against you provided you show evidence of jobsearch in some other way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

WP advisers have no access to your UJM account whether or not you allowed access to DWP staff.

If you didn't check the box to allow DWP staff access, they'll get some sort of error if they try to access, or maybe the option to view your account simply won't present itself to them. I don't know exactly how it works from their end, but they will know you haven't granted access. As things stand, that is your right - they can't hold it against you provided you show evidence of jobsearch in some other way.

it seems the jobcentre and all these WP providers are obsessed with UJM, if they ask for access to my account i'll tell them no as its my private data :)

The check-box giving DWP access is irrelevant - when candidates create an account within UJ, they accept a number of Terms and Conditions - including that the Monster Corporation, operating UJ on behalf of the DWP, is a Data Processor, and may distribute the data contained to whichever party is deemed authorised by the Minister of State, without requiring permission or authorisation from the candidate. The same basis as the Job Centre transferring personal data to the Work Programme.

The check box is irrelevant - notwithstanding that candidates may invoke their rights not to release confidential information on their UJ Account, candidates have absolutely no control over how the data contained in the system is distributed.

well i will hardly be using UJM to do job search as the whole site is just weird, i mean whats with that survey thinggy?! you can tell its a big brother style website as soon as you start the sign up process and the invention of this site is perhaps the worst decision ever!

i know i keep going on about stupid things but i'm kinda worried about what happens when i signed on today :(

well the guy i saw looked at my job search diary and i asked if there were any restrictions preventing me from doing a full job search, i said no there isn't and he started telling me details of how to fill out my job search form if an application was made/not made or something, then he wrote on my job search diary no restrictions and i'm worried this means i'm going to get sanctioned :/

then went the meeting was over he said have a good forenight, you may get lucky.

am i worrying over nothing or because i do most of my job search online as i suffer from anxiety not count as a full job search? i can prove i have applied for all the jobs on my form.

Sticking to one thread would help you,instead of posting in 3 threads !

Links edited !

Should work ,you need to be signed in

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=3437809

Edited by 45002
Links Edited

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I'm assuming it records EVERYTHING you do; when you've logged in, what pages you've looked at, etc...and that's the dangerous thing.

Imagine you look at a vacancy but decide you don't want it or it's not suitable..if the JC clerk can see you've looked at it they might think it was a suitable job and you failed to apply for it..and you know what happens next.

I'm assuming it records EVERYTHING you do; when you've logged in, what pages you've looked at, etc...and that's the dangerous thing.

Imagine you look at a vacancy but decide you don't want it or it's not suitable..if the JC clerk can see you've looked at it they might think it was a suitable job and you failed to apply for it..and you know what happens next.

omg i hope not, so it would even record what you were doing on sites like facebook or twitter? :O

i know i keep going on about stupid things but i'm kinda worried about what happens when i signed on today

well the guy i saw looked at my job search diary and i asked if there were any restrictions preventing me from doing a full job search, i said no there isn't and he started telling me details of how to fill out my job search form if an application was made/not made or something, then he wrote on my job search diary no restrictions and i'm worried this means i'm going to get sanctioned :/

then went the meeting was over he said have a good forenight, you may get lucky.

am i worrying over nothing or because i do most of my job search online as i suffer from anxiety not count as a full job search? i can prove i have applied for all the jobs on my form.

joeski: The "no restrictions" would mean you are expected to apply for any job, be it part time cleaner on the night shift, a bar tender, burger flipper or brain surgeon. (sorry to be the bearer of bad news).

If there are certain jobs you can not do, or hours that are not suitable, you need to impress upon JCP staff what your limitations are. For example, I can (will) not work with food, chemicals, general public or in the cold. Hours are strictly 9-5 Mon-Fri cos public transport sucks outside those hours.

As posted elsewhere:

The "no restrictions" would mean you are expected to apply for any job, be it part time cleaner on the night shift, a bar tender, burger flipper or brain surgeon. (sorry to be the bearer of bad news).

If there are certain jobs you can not do, or hours that are not suitable, you need to impress upon JCP staff what your limitations are. For example, I can (will) not work with food, chemicals, general public or in the cold. Hours are strictly 9-5 Mon-Fri cos public transport sucks outside those hours.

joeski: The "no restrictions" would mean you are expected to apply for any job, be it part time cleaner on the night shift, a bar tender, burger flipper or brain surgeon. (sorry to be the bearer of bad news).

ok thats understood but will i get sanctioned for only applying for jobs using the internet and what reasons are there for the person signing you to right that on your job sheet?

so that means i probably will get sanctioned?

Nope, not likely - at least, not this time. "No restrictions" simply means that you are available to take any work. And seriously, until someone actually tells you that you may be sanctioned, stop worrying about it. Seek work, and seek inner peace.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Nope, not likely - at least, not this time. "No restrictions" simply means that you are available to take any work. And seriously, until someone actually tells you that you may be sanctioned, stop worrying about it. Seek work, and seek inner peace.

thanks, i'll try to stop worrying so much but i having a habbit of letting things worry me and i get stressed. i think also i read to much into what advisors say.

thanks, i'll try to stop worrying so much but i having a habbit of letting things worry me and i get stressed. i think also i read to much into what advisors say.

I know you worry about things. It's understandable - the rules are complex and it's hard to know what any adviser means and what rules they're applying. Still, I recommend that you focus on finding work and, where necessary, protecting your rights. You might get sanctioned, perhaps, but don't fret about it until you have a reason to think it might actually happen.

If a DWP staffer wants to sanction you they'll have to tell you about it. In the meantime, look for work when you can and stop fretting about sanctions. You'll be OK.