invited same day to job interview, couldnt attend - will i get sanctioned?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks i'll try not to worry, so if i don't receive a letter from the DMA team by next friday then no referal has been made? also once you've signed on that means the money your due to get the folowing week or later the same week depending on what day you sign won't be affected?

None of that can be safely assumed. The key points are:

• You can't be sanctioned under these circumstances without first being given a chance to tell your side of the story; and
  • Any sanction, if applied, could in theory take effect from the first benefit week following the issue that gave rise to the sanction; and
  • A sanction, if applied, can only affect future payments

The date the referral is made to DMA is not really significant, except in relation to the last point - they can't at any point say "We paid you this money, now we want it back!"

So, I would assume you will receive payments as normal until you receive contact from DMA (and of course, you might be fine).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of that can be safely assumed. The key points are:

• You can't be sanctioned under these circumstances without first being given a chance to tell your side of the story; and
  • Any sanction, if applied, could in theory take effect from the first benefit week following the issue that gave rise to the sanction; and
  • A sanction, if applied, can only affect future payments

The date the referral is made to DMA is not really significant, except in relation to the last point - they can't at any point say "We paid you this money, now we want it back!"

So, I would assume you will receive payments as normal until you receive contact from DMA (and of course, you might be fine).

hopefully everything will be ok, i guess i'll just have to play the waiting game.

if i do get sanctioned will i be able to claim hardship allowance?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

the interview has been re booked, the company and sub provider have both contacted me..even though i'm nervous as hell i'm going to attend :)

does this mean a DMA referal won't be made now?

Only the work programme provider can answer that.

A referral can be made the same day the doubt arose or they may need to wait until they physically see you to ask you questions directly before making the referral.

Only the work programme provider can answer that.

A referral can be made the same day the doubt arose or they may need to wait until they physically see you to ask you questions directly before making the referral.

well the sub provider called today, i wasn't here but as i recieved a call from the company about the re booked interview i'm guessing it was about that. i'm going to call them back in the morning to see what they want and hopefully they'll help me out with interview skills.

i called the provider this morning and the person on the phone sounded surprised that i have an interview, does this mean it was just coincidental that they called me yesterday on the same day the employer called to arrange the interview or they are acting like they don't know? :/

• 2 weeks later...
well yesterday i applied for a job and they called me on the same day to invite me to an interview, unfortunately i couldn't attend as i had something planned which i told them..they said they were only holding interviews today and was i sure i couldn't attend.

then today when i went for my advisors appointment at one of ingeus sub providers and they asked me if i minded them sending my c/v off for the very same job, i replied by saying i had already applied and they said nothing more about it.

is it possible the sub provider knew about the events of the previous day or it was just a coincidence that they said about the same vancacy? also is it possible they'll find out that i couldn't attend the interview and if they do will i get sanctioned?

the employer said they will keep my details as they will be advertising further vacancies soon.

Why couldn't you attend the interview? surely what ever your other appointment was could of been changed.

If you told your advisor you had already applied for the job, then i doubt nothing more will be said about it, as they have told me about jobs before which i had already applied for etc..

If they find out you turned down an interview which is what you did, then it might be a different story.

i've just been told that you are allowed to refuse 2 job offers/interviews from a sub provider before you get referred for a sanction, does anyone know if this is true?

No this is absolutely not true, i mean why would you refuse a job/interview if its a job you've applied for?

No this is absolutely not true, i mean why would you refuse a job/interview if its a job you've applied for?

i didn't refuse an interview, the company i had the interview with said they would call me back the following week to give me another interview date as i wasn't well the first time they called, i refused the sub provider as i don't want them taking credit for things i have done myself

can you get sanctioned if you miss calls from a provider or sub provider and don't call them back?

If they called you on a land line, you could have been out cold calling companies on the pretext of seeking employment or at the local library to use their computers. If it was a mobile phone, many places require phones to be turned off or on "silent ring". Did the provider leave a message requesting a call back ?

If so, it fails the Mandatory Activity Notice test as DWP guidance clearly states that a MAN must be issued in writing with the correct wording. Further more, returning a call, whilst good manners in most circles, would cost you money which the provider is unlikely to refund.

You may well have a valid reason for missing the call and you are under no obligation to return the call. The provider would be on very shaky grounds if they attempted to trigger a sanction.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If they called you on a land line, you could have been out cold calling companies on the pretext of seeking employment or at the local library to use their computers. If it was a mobile phone, many places require phones to be turned off or on "silent ring". Did the provider leave a message requesting a call back ?

If so, it fails the Mandatory Activity Notice test as DWP guidance clearly states that a MAN must be issued in writing with the correct wording. Further more, returning a call, whilst good manners in most circles, would cost you money which the provider is unlikely to refund.

You may well have a valid reason for missing the call and you are under no obligation to return the call. The provider would be on very shaky grounds if they attempted to trigger a sanction.

on my mobile i can't listen to answer phone messeges anyway because the answer phone isn't set up, don't think they have but if they did i wouldn't be able to listen to it anyway.

So at best, you have a missed call from an unknown number. I get a few of those myself, and I'm certainly not ringing back to ask "hey, why did you call me ?".

So at best, you have a missed call from an unknown number. I get a few of those myself, and I'm certainly not ringing back to ask "hey, why did you call me ?".

i haven't got any minutes to call them back and i'm not running up a bill on the landline, if they want to speak to me they can do it at my next appointment with them :)

so i tried to sign up to UJM but it said Goverment Gateway at the top of the screen :/

how the hell can you sign up a UJM account without the gateway one?

I don't think you can.

As I understand this new "system", a gateway account is required to use the UJ site, and when (if?) UC goes live nationally, to sign up for Universal Credit. This way, the government can link the user to both and any other online service they decide to roll out.

Although I said I'd registered with UJ without a Gateway Account, I think that perhaps the email address they ask for IS classed as your Gateway Account - I created a new blank email address naturally.

I remember the advisor asking for this email account name so she could check I'd registered. (she also promptly found out I hadn't allowed them access either :)

Just do what I do then..register, but always look for jobs without logging in. Find a few jobs that are handled externally by the likes of Reed, CV-Library, etc then apply via their own website. This shows you're using the site and if they ask to view your UJ stuff, tell them they can't (if the JC aren't allowed to view your account then the WP certainly aren't!)

Just do what I do then..register, but always look for jobs without logging in. Find a few jobs that are handled externally by the likes of Reed, CV-Library, etc then apply via their own website. This shows you're using the site and if they ask to view your UJ stuff, tell them they can't (if the JC aren't allowed to view your account then the WP certainly aren't!)

thats what i already do, i find jobs that have email addresses and send my c/v that way..infact the interview i had a few weeks ago was for a postion i found on UJM.