Rbs & fos findings

kiajade

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had the same problem as me, if so what have you done. I could use some good advice.

I had my own business until last year, after 43 years I was forced to close by ill health due to stress caused by RBS.

I had transferred my account to them in August 2009. Had free banking for three months - but got charged.

Between 2009 and 2011 they charged me over £21,000 in bank charges, I was eventually crediting money to the account just to pay their charges and they were bouncing items more than paying them - reducing me to a shivering wreck and my good name in tatters and finally the destruction of my business.

After trying to get some of my charges back from the bank. I took the matter to FOS - after six months of allowing RBS

two weeks at a time to ignore their requests for information - the ombudsman declared that RBS had dealt unfairly with me

and had treated me unprofessionally by not assisting me when I was in need. They did say I was partly to blame for the way I ran my account - but I do not agree with them there - I had an overdraft limit and was not allowed 1p over that limit, and lived within those rules - using internet banking I checked the account every morning. The only time I exceeded the limit was when they posted charges and interest during the course of the day -

The upshot of it was the FOS stated the RBS should refund £10000 to me- to be taken off the charges still being debited to the account- in fact there is no refund to me at all. I lost my business and my health through this bank and wonder if I could refuse to

accept this finding and take the matter to court, or would I be wasting my time. Any help gratefully accepted.