Who can we trust?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last Spring I bought a motor caravan and because it was used in the UK for 3 months I insured it with Swinton Insurers. I then exported it to Spain and put it onto Spanish number plates. I didn't expect Swintons to carry on insuring me and duly cancelled the policy and paid an extra premium for doing so. I trusted that they would stop taking payments from my bank, but 12 months down the line I have discovered that they have been dipping into my bank account for all that time. (I have several payments going out of my bank, but they had cunningly given a folio that gave no clue that the payment was going to them.) When questioned their customer services said that he would get a colleague to phone me, I had previously emailed them and received no reply. My phonecall of course was not returned. I emailed them once more only to be told that the system was conveniently down that would show payments from my account.

Why do these companies give us so much grief? Wouldn't it be great if we could recommend them instead of condemning them. I am hoping that they will repay me soon, but I am expecting a fight.

If you have proof of requesting the cancellation and for Swinton to stop collecting payments, you may be able to get your bank to refund you, using the Direct Debit Guarantee. They will ask you to contact Swinton first and if then no joy, your bank should help with this.

There are almost daily reports of Swinton Insurance customers being treated in this way. They are owed by a large French Insurers who don't give a sh1t about customer service.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is a twist to the tale :evil:

I have just heard from Swintons exactly what the payments were for. Without my knowledge I was sold a personal accident insurance. I have no documents for this policy and was totally unaware that I was paying it. Swintons tell me that it is with another insurer but my Bank assure me that the payments are being made to Swintons. It is the same as PPI it was mis-sold. It was something I didn't ask for and didn't know about and they have craftily taken payments without my knowledge. I am not quite sure what to do. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Edited by ims21

If you have an insurance that was mis-sold then claim it back together with interest on top.

You can use this spreadsheet....just enter all the payment you have made for this and claim the amount back that the sheet gives you.

I take it this insurance was not shown on any documents or contract that you signed?

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Thank you ims21 I'll look at that today. Watch this space. Another reason why I would never have taken out this insurance is that I don't usually reside in the UK, so from experience of other insurers they would never have paid out on those grounds so knowing that I would not have knowingly paid for this insurance. If these big businesses were honest instead of dishonest we would all be better off financially.