Non fault claim (potentially insurance fraud) outstanding at insurance renewal date

Jimp2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful for anybody's experience / views on the below.

About 9 months ago two cars suddenly braked in front of me in the middle of a roundabout. I braked before the second car. The front car left (it had stopped at the entrance to the fast lane on the dual carriage way, done a U turn and left). In the meantime another car bumped into me (slowly) and this caused me to bump the car in front (a semi rusty japanese saloon). I learnt today that the car in front has subsequently put in 4 injury claims to my insurer despite the bump being minor and not being subject to any whip lash injuries or other myself (and no marks on the front or back of my clean unmarked golf).

I tried to renew my insurance last week and the premium has gone up from c.£340 to £511 as a result of a claim outstanding. This claim is a) not my fault techincally as it was the car behind that bumped me b) I am reasonably convinced to be part of a fraudulent set up.

What pains me is that apparently there is a 3 year claim period (another 30 months) during which time this claim is outstanding, I loose my no claims bonus and have an additional annual £170 to pay. I tried to reason with the insurer that they know this is not my fault as they have solicitors notes on the case but they say their policy forces them to charge me the extra.

Any bright ideas/ routes to tackle this blatent annual £170 cost that I am likely to have to pay for something that someone else has full responsibility for please let me know! The innocent plaintiff should not have to foot the bill in this situation surely!

I don't think the circumstances of the accident you describe, would lead to you having an outcome where you were found 100% not at fault. You need to speak to your Insurers claims department about this, so they can update you on progress. By the sounds of it, they will be paying a third party, so this would go down as a fault claim.

You will lose some NCD entitlement and will experience an increase in premiums as a result. Not much you can do about it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread