Housing benefit run-on?

MollyO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a run-on payment of housing benefit after signing off due to obtaining work? How does that work if you start your job a week or so after the last regular payment?

• 3 weeks later...

Extended payment period is still awarded nationally - it just gets a bit sticky if you jsa/is stopped the first week in April for council tax - but only sticky for that one week. You have to have been on a passported benefit (esa, jsa(ib) or IS) for 6 months without a break to qualify. As to how long it will take to process a claim - how busy is your local council who action this? Write to them (if you haven't already done so in response to a letter stating your HB is suspended) and provide either a letter from your employer or whatever payslips you have to hand.

• 1 month later...
The run on schemes ceased on 31st March 2013.

Sorry for reopening this thread. Is this retroactive? I was on JSA from last December till last week. Could I still qualify? I've received a letter from the DWP saying that I don't qualify for the HB run-on but I should still contact the Local Authority and ask them to grant me the run on. Does it make sense?

And incidentally, I've notified the DWP but the Council has not sent me any letter yet. Is it my responsibility to contact the Council or am I satisfied that I've signed off? The folks at the DWP have told me I'm ok.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"