Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks dx. No, there's no reference number in the writ itself.    Who are the pursuers:   Erudio Student Loans Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and having its registered office at c/o Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Limited. Third Floor. 1 King's Arms Yard, London EC2R 7AF   Who Are the Solicitors:   Shoosmiths LLP   What is the writ for –   Preceding the Condescendence and Pleas In Law sections provided in post 1, there's the following text: The pursuers crave the Court to grant decree against the defender for payment to the pursuers of the sum of AMOUNT together with expenses   what date was this served on you:- 17th July   what date is within the COURT STAMP: 19th JUNE (not July as entered in post 1)   What Is the claim for: Student Loan   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files - I don't know but can find out   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? -  Before 2007;  first loan has a 1998 account number   Were you aware the account had been sold/assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I believe so   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes   When was your last payment:-  I believe I made at least one payment in late 2015 after having been late in submitting deferment forms that year   Why did you cease payments:- I only made payments to cover a couple of months' payments which were due because of my deferment had been submitted late. I stopped once those payments had been covered   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  No    
    • I emigrated to australia permanently about a year and a half ago, but still have an overdraft of 2500 pounds with a bank in the UK. I am struggling to pay it off, and am being charged 1.75 a day for the overdraft. I have not informed the bank that I have moved to Australia.   Im wondering what is the best course of action. I do not intend to return to the UK and have no assets or family over there. I rang up a call centre for the bank and informed them of my situation and they suggested i ring the branch and speak to them. I intend to pay the debt off, but am not in a position to do so right now, and was hoping the bank might put a hold on the charges, whilst I can get the finances to pay them off.   alternatively, what would happen if I did not pay this debt off
    • is the property jointly owned and the all the CO's/debts are in your sole name?  
    • Oh dear I didn't know that about Word - thanks for the tip. I would be grateful for any other comments re the text. Thanks for getting me to this point. I now have a huge amount of info to plough thru to prepare for the next stage. Is there any guidance as to what happens next and how long that takes, or will that be made clear once the basic defence has been submitted? I haven't been able to find a clear explanation of the procedure anywhere.   
    • I have been tearing my hair out searching for information on the web. Finally (!!!) I came across this huge and exceptionally promising looking site. I learnt a while ago that some Agreements for credit cards under the CCA 1974 are unenforceable.   To cut a long story short, as they say, I am attempting to draw out funds from the equity in our property in order to secure natural treatments for my dear beloved wife. (The NHS have genuinely done all that they could, but their funds being limited, there isn't any hope that they can do any more). There are a myriad of Natural (proven) cures for my beloved wife.   Alas,  I discovered that there are three credit card charges on my property, going back many years. These cards were all started in the 1980's and early 1990's, and were all under the CCA 1974.   I offer my sincere apologies that I have not read through enough of the threads on this site, to be able to find the answer which  I am seeking. I am desperate to get things moving in order to get the funds for the treatment. I fear I might already have confused folk here.   So here goes:   Is there a quick-ish way to get the charges removed from my property, which were placed there after Court hearings at which I was 'advised' to just agree, as I was unable to repay, many years ago.   I read on another website that a form AP1 should be sent to the Land Registry, detailing that the Agreement is unenforceable so the charges should be removed. That sounded too simplistic so I moved on.   Naturally, I will be enormously grateful for any suggestions or guidance on this matter. I accept that I may have rambled on a bit, but folks, I   am frantically attempting to find a solution to remove the charges so that I can quickly utilise those funds to get treatment for my dear wife. Perhaps the answer is already here somewhere. If so, I would be grateful for anyone pointing me in that direction.   Thank you.
  • Our picks

Sign in to follow this  

Press release: New help for consumers and businesses to take action against price fixing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2247 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Proposals announced today will make it easier for groups of consumers and companies to take action against anti-competitive businesses.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...