deanjames

DVLA - Inter-Credit International

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2337 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening Everyone i hope you can assist this is my first post on this forum.

This morning I have received a letter from Inter-Credit International advising me the DVLA is preparing a claim against me as i have ignored all previous communications, I can pay a 80£ out of court settement.

This is the first communication that I have received and was shocked to find out my details have been passed onto debt collection and i couldnt understand the reason, because i have not received any communication relating to the matter prior to this. I am a law abiding person and am 100% ontop of all paper work and finances.

I would like to know where i stand as i feel i have been treated unfairly, I have called the DVLA and they only offer payment of the fine ( Typical) or to appeal via post this is no good.

My car tax ended on 31/12/12 I sent my sorn away on 17/12/12 as the car is a classic and I was working on the car at the time and know i wasnt going to use it ( does less than 1000 miles a year) I have a photocopy of my SORN certificate that i posted ( I dont know how credible this will be as evidence) as far as i understand i am not legally obliged to phone up the DVLA and check they have received my SORN, they advise to call 30 days if not received confirmation, but this is not a legal requirement.

I have received the letter from inter-credit and the house number is listed as 15 not 16 and the post code is two digits out ( does not even related to the area i live in) this explains why i have not have any previous communications relating to the fine. I believe this to be error of the DVLA when I purchased a private license plate as i have never had any issues before this date.

I have ammened this fault on my V5 and the car was taxed in March.

Why rights do I have with this as I 100% sorned my car it must have been lost in the post, the DVLA can argue i should have phoned up, but they cannot enfore this legally and seems like a gap in there processes.

The error on the log book i am thinking about submitting a V888 request for information ( another service you have to pay for ) to see if my log book was correct when on the original registration if so this wil be down to an admin fault on the DVLAs side.

To me it seems the DVLA need to look into cases like mine more closley my point to them was i have another car registered at my address under my name, why coudnt they cross reference this and check this against my license it wouldnt have happened, it just seems they are uncapable of admitting fault and are putting all the blaim onto me.

Ask them to prove you did not send it?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]