LASTMINUTE.COM Secret Hotel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I share something with you all - We have just been screwed by Latminute.com's secret hotel booking and I wish to make sure nobody does the same as I.

We are going to my Brother in-law's 70th birthday bash in Bristol this coming June and wanted to stay overnight near to St.Paul's so used LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: Secret Hotel and bang we have now got a hotel that is a 30 minute drive from Bristol in another county!

Not the hotel which is southwest of Bristol city center as the web site implies but a hotel which is in North Somerset! nearer to WESTON SUPER MARE than Bristol..,

Have spoken to LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: in India and had no response apart than the party line, spoken with the Secret Hotel and again no real response, have spoken to the Secret Hotels parent company in the USA again no real response!

SO I have been duped by LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: but don't you get done - don't book with LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: - support my crusade and do not use their Internet site,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well secret hotels is always a risk as to the type of hotel and exactly where it is, I do think yes you can do a chargeback but I also think that you were prepared to take a risk and it didn't pay off but there are loads of ways you could have found out almost certainly where you were staying before you confirmed the booking. 30mis isn't actually a long way away although I appreciate you would kike to be nearer

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I thank you for your kind words and clearly you have not read the mis-leading statement on the web site which states that "the Secret Hotel is southwest of Bristol City Center" implying that it would be in Bristol just southwest of the city center!

Not as it has now come to pass its in North Somerset...., WESTON SUPERMARE to be exact!

So you also clearly support and think its OK to mislead - so buyer beware?

£225 for 3 rooms - 5 adults 1 night is about right for Bristol.., but not WESTON SUPERMARE...,

Its because people don't stand up for their rights that Hotels are inflating their prices and getting away with it!

Its only a room for one night with breakfast in Bristol for god sake not London, Paris or New York which like most people nowadays I have had the privilage to visit and stay.

So I say again that people must be aware that LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: is only a call center in India, they have no presents in the UK or Europe so you don't have much if any support or backup when booking Hotels with LASTMINTE.COM :mad2:

I did read that it said southwest of Bristol but is Weston super mare southwest? I honestly think that anyone who takes a chance on secret rooms will either be very lucky or not it is a chance and one I wouldn't be inclined to take, I find other hotel sites that do not take a prepayment very good and have found good prices on 5* hotels before now. But certainly do a chargeback asap

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Why do a charge back when we didn't use a credit cards but our debt card!

I have and still use these types of hotel rooms with no problem in the past.., London, Edinburgh. Glasgow, Paris, Milan Amsterdam, Stuttgart but never used LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: - my first and last time!

All those rooms where in the city I wanted to stay in not in some other CITY 30 minutes away and if you are OK with the way LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2: do business then I wasting my time!

LASTMINUTE.COM :mad2:

works on debit cards too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Weston-super-Mare is about 22 miles South West of Bristol - sounds like a reaonable description to me!

I disagree. When you book a hotel in Bristol, you expect it to actually be in Bristol. Not 22 miles away in another town.

Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House

Frost Hill

Congresbury

BS49 5AD

Only 13 miles away!

"Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, the South West’s finest four-star, contemporary boutique hotel and spa. DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, is an enchanting venue set within rolling English countryside, making it the ideal backdrop for your special occasion, whether a wedding, private party, business event, spa break or dining experience.

Located 30 minutes from Bristol city centre, DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, is just minutes from both junction 20 and 21 of the M5 motorway. Yatton Train Station is just down the road providing mainline links to Temple Meads in Bristol and London with Bristol Airport only 15 minutes drive away."

"...30 minute drive from Bristol in another county!"

Bristol is not technically in any county anymore, it's just the city by itself. Everywhere outside the city must be in a different county!

In the past, when county boundaries were more strict and counties had more significance in UK local government, Bristol has been in both Somerset and Avon. Avon no longer exists.