royal mail destroying internet reputations on a daily basis.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick moan about r mail.

i work for and use internet retail sites as iam sure most people do.

As a user of their services i have seen at first hand their shoddy attitude to fullfilling online retailers promises.

example one....

guy orders item for next day before 9am we as a company get charged £50 for the service.

guy calls following day at 9.35 calling our company all the names under the sun,

We contact royal mail to find out what went wrong,

answer fill in a claims form!!!.

THIS HAS HAPPENED AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES.

.Example two

i purchased an item from an online retailer and paided £6.00 for next day express delivery

this was on thursday as nothing has turned up as yet (sat evening)

i will now be looking at tuesday earlest(item was needed over weekend).

How does this company manage to continue trading,

hilst dragging all the firms it does business with down with their appealing standards.

How can a company guarantee a 9am delivery when the last amount of mail does not come into the delivery office till 8am, then that mail has to be sorted in the delivery office before dispatch

the average time staff get out to start there delivery is now 10am

its not so bad in towns, but most towns cover a wide rural delivery

I completely agree with you, the prices have gone through the roof, the service has dropped and so much stuff goes missing.

If you pay for special delivery and before 9am you expect with the huge price you pay to get it there it should get there...

firs class used to be there the next day, RM now says it can take 1-5days... online auction site still says it should be there the next day therefore your seller is ripping you off.. why did they have to change a system that worked really well... really really well...

sigh understand completely

simple reason why the changed the syatem has been a recruiting ban for the last 5 years. Natural wastage such as retirement has not been replaced. Royal mail are going through a process of revisions. Each main office has to lose roughly 400 man hours a week through imposed savings structure

simple answer

to much work, not enough staff

My son needed and paid for a parcel next day from a local company for this weekend, a large parcel. It didn't arrive so he rang yesterday to see where it was and they said it wasn't on the van for Saturday either so he said he would come and collect. When he got there they said they couldn't find it so he told them to cancel deliver and send it back. He went into the company and bought the same machine so now has to reclaim for the first one.

It is the company that would get moaned about and not RM who are responsible.

This was picked up locally by a local van with a local driver and taken to a local depot, so where is it.

My son needed and paid for a parcel next day from a local company for this weekend, a large parcel. It didn't arrive so he rang yesterday to see where it was and they said it wasn't on the van for Saturday either so he said he would come and collect. When he got there they said they couldn't find it so he told them to cancel deliver and send it back. He went into the company and bought the same machine so now has to reclaim for the first one.

It is the company that would get moaned about and not RM who are responsible.

This was picked up locally by a local van with a local driver and taken to a local depot, so where is it.

Unfortunately most mail goes to the big mail centres to be sorted now, rather than local stuff staying local.

I remember a big row a few years ago when RM decided that mail would no longer be sorted in the Isle of Wight, but sent to Portsmouth, Southampton, or even Reading. Hitherto all IoW mail stayed of the island.

The more it moves the more likely it is to get damaged.

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...