Beware of Wippy.Com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I thought I would let the people out there know about a website called wippy.com

This website is an auction site similar to Ebay where you bid for items you wish to purchase. When you first open the page it states (or stated) "Free Bids" but you have to register to be able to use this site and before you complete registration you have to scroll down and tick the agreement box. Unless you scroll down you cannot tick the box and you cannot tick the box if you scroll through the T&C's too quickly.

However with my free bids I bid for a green/yellow 4Gb iPod which, according to the site I won with a £2.00 offer.

They took the £2.00 from my bank account and I was also charged £1 overseas transaction fee.

Two days later on checking my bank account I noted that there was two transactions for £34.99 each against my debit card for this site. I read and re-read the T&C's and could find no reason for these charges and made enquiries with wippy.com who stated that it was the costs of the free bids that I had used.

I immediately sent an email to them requesting a refund as this was not in their T&C's and was informed more of less "tough, you bid you pay"

I requested from wippy.com the following information as the bids were supposed to be free:

Date of transaction

Transaction ID

Name on Debit Card

IP Address of transaction

Proof of delivery

I was then informed that they required my full name, address, email address and bank details to investigate and that there was TWO accounts - NO CHANCE WHATSOVER OF GIVING THEM THIS INFO

I complained to their customer services and I have been playing email tennis with an idiot. Their response is "This complaint has now been resolved"

I Informed the website that I would be requesting a Chargeback as this was a fraudulent transaction and that I would be taking this up with the Trading Standards

I requested a Visa Debit Chargeback from the bank who flatly refused to do so immediately stating that I had to wait 15 days to see if it gets delivered. Well obviously after googling wippy.com I found that there were many complaints about being ripped off by this site

After writing to the Trading Standards I received the usual trash that I had to report this to the CAB online and if they thought it was worth the complain they would inform the Trading Standards

This is STILL on going but I thought that I would let anyone out there know about this rip off

By the way Intervest are registered in the British Virgin Islands

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,

such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.

However,

you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.

Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Company: Flamingo Intervest Ltd.

Name: Nikdar Masih

Address: OMC Chambers, Road Town

City: Tortola

Postal Code: P.O. Box 3152

Get into your bank and demand it back.

There are a few of these so called auctions, some of them have nothing on sale from subscribers but just junk them themselves have bought to entice people to sign up.

One site has you buying bids, but if you don't win, you don't get your bid money back or even credited to an account. A complete Rip-Off but a lot of people only have themselves to blame for not checking it out first.

Ziinga auction are another one that is owned by the same company Flamingo Intervest Ltd. It is just a duplicat of the site that ripped you off and have the same things for sale at the same time.

Companies House has the company as 'dissolved' but look on the bottom of the auction sites and it says - '.... is owned by Flamingo Intervest

Edited by Conniff

Thanks everyone for the replies

Conniff ... I did all the research of the company before I took up the complaint with Trading Standards, even the British Virgin Islands Telephone number is a non answerable one.

DX100UK ... Many thanks for the advice, the recurring transactions have now been stopped albeit by telling the bank that the cards were stolen. Made a formal complaint to the bank concerning their refusal of a chargeback

However, every email that they reply to (100% certain that it is automated) state "This has now been resolved"

Now considering getting the police involved

Dont consider getting the police involved, do it. Use crimestoppers or action fraud to make sure it gets filed and investigated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 10 months later...

I have had the same issues with their customer service too.

It all goes to a zendesk ticket system located at wtix(dot)zendesk(dot)com

If you go to this site and use the email address you used to email info@ and create a password you will be able to see a history of all contact made this way.

If anyone has any luck getting a successful prosecution do let us know so everyone fooled can put a claim in against him!

You wont be able to as he isnt resident in england or wales. He is abroad so youd have to use that countries system which can be very expensive.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

He's commuting fraud in so many countries,

surely if enough people make complaints about this guy the country should do something?

He even has a phone number in the UK that when I last used it had a person on the other end of the line.

Although for anyone else wishing to try calling it,

note that there is only likely to be a person on the end of it between the hours of 7am and 3pm Monday to Friday!

• 4 months later...
I can't help but add, to anyone who has signed up to this, you are the most stupid people in the world. It really is a con, a rip-off, you will never ever come out on top.

Oh boy ... I really really wish I'd heard your sentiments a month ago. This is why we've got to get the message out ... there really are unaware or stupid (if you'd like to be that insulting) people out there that need to know!!!

Its not insulting when its the truth.

And the truth it is. Would anyone shop at Tesco if they had to pay a monthly subscription or ebay if you had to pay them a monthly subscription whether you placed any bids on an item or not.

There is also no reason to be unaware as it does say on the site, 'give me money and I will give you sod all', (maybe not in those actual words, but that's what it means).