Hastings Direct=Unfair never ever use again based on service so far

kerryls0212
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm so frustrated and angry with Hastings Direct i imagine their profits are through the roof with the way that they use customers for their gain.

( i realise they are a business but every part of the policy they use against customers whether its a non fault/fault claim)

I was bumped in the rear of my car and the 3rd party insurance excepted the liability.

the 3rd party asked to process the claim but after speaking with Hastings i was advised it would be in my best interest to stay with them.

I reported to my insurance the accident and was advised that they would move the claim over to Albany assistance

who would come look at my car and get the repairs under way (not having to pay my excess)

on the understanding that when the car went in for repairs id have to take a hire car.

eventually Albany advised the car was a total loss and i was told the claim would now go back to Hastings direct.

after 2 days i was advised that as my car was a previous cat d it would be worth £1075

(looking around at trade cat d more like £1400 to £1500)

but to be deducted from the amount would be the remaining years insurance (which i pay monthly) £450.

I was absolutely distraught but after speaking with a friend felt much better has she had just been through a similar situation

and bought her total loss car back for a small fee.

So again spoke to Hastings to discover THEY DON'T DO THAT!!

After 10 minutes research i come across stories of Hastings customers that have actually been allowed to buy back their total loss cars.

Any help are advise would be welcomed i am so frustrated that a non fault situation can cause so much STRESS and EXPENSE

Thank You

Edited by kerryls0212

No stupidly i didn't get the report but after having the car checked there was no issues regards safety ect.

The car is sound so the best solution i can see would be to buy the car back.

The report that the engineer as done stated that the car was in a good condition even though it as been a previous cat d.

With approx £600 left from the pay out i am not going to be able to get anything near to what i had even on a cat d.

So frustrated that through a accident that wasn't my fault i am been penalised.

From the Ombudsman...

"14. vehicles previously "written-off" and then repaired

Most buyers are (rightly or wrongly) put off by the knowledge that a vehicle was previously "written-off", no matter how well it was later repaired – and this can affect its value.

If the policyholder knew the vehicle was a repaired write-off, he/she is likely to have paid less for it. So we are likely to decide that it is not unfair for the insurer to make an appropriate deduction – not more than 20%, unless the insurer can provide good independent evidence for a higher deduction.

But if we are satisfied that the policyholder innocently bought (and insured) the vehicle in complete ignorance of its history, and the repairs were not obviously noticeable, he/she is likely to have paid full price (and a full insurance premium) for it. So we are likely to decide that it would be unfair for the insurer to pay less than the full market value."

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html

Refer Hastings to that which they should abide by otherwise you can complain to the Ombudsman who will make them do it, which should make them up their offer to the relevant "Retail" price which will be much than the current offer.

Also read the rest of the link as you will find it useful

moved you to the hastings forum

we do have a rep here

but if they respond is another matter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've sent an alert

lets see

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi kerryls0212, Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with what has happened and I woud like to help. Can you please contact me directly and provide some policy details so that I can look into this and help you to get the matter resolved. [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

Hi I've been at work and only just read your message I've sent you a email.

Hope to get a reply that helps me the customer who was the non fault party.

The reason we customers take insurance is to protect us should we be involved in accidents etc.

I look forward to your reply.

Make sure Hastings revise their write off value in line with the market value for a car that's not been previously written off as per the Ombudsmans guidance which they need to follow otherwise you can (Eventually) go to the Ombudsman who will force them to do this along with charging Hastings circa £500 for it getting to the Ombudsman as well as possibly awarding you a relatively small amount for the inconvenience.