Left work, wages overpaid. What do I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I left work over a month ago, as I was unable to perform to the standard required while pregnant.

I was given the choice to resign and be welcomed back should I want it in the future. Or essentially start dismissal proceedings so I chose to leave.

Got my final wage and it seemed about right so went about paying my bills.

Got a letter from HR saying they had overpaid me by around £200. I asked for a breakdown which they supplied and I accept I was overpaid just didn't notice on my last pay because I thought I had some holidays left (I didn't).

Problem is, I'm on JSA living with my parents. I moved back to try and get out of debt, so the majority of my JSA is already on payment arrangement for council tax arrears/water arrears/gas arrears.

I don't have the £200 just to give back. I could only offer £5-10pm max. Would they accept this??

I'm also worried they might just take it straight out of my bank as I was paid by Direct Debit. Then I'll have a massive overdrawn and not paymy other bills

:(

this sounds like discrimination on grounds of pregnancy. tell us more about how pregnancy meant you could not perform to required standard.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

this sounds like discrimination on grounds of pregnancy. tell us more about how pregnancy meant you could not perform to required standard.

Its not. Been to CAB everything legal and above board.

Basically have certification I need to pass to do my job. Failed several times over period of 2 month improvement plan. Employer did rverything required to help including personal tutor and weeks extra training. As a result I cannot legally do my job and there is no position available I could transfer to as not qualified for them either.

so not passing test was not related to pregnancy?

well, they can't have what you haven't got. offer a pound a week :) it's what the court would award if you are on minimum benefits!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Well I passed the tests before I was pregnant, but you have to do them often. I've been on prescription painkillers all my life and had to come off them while pregnant. As a result I'm in constant pain, lucky to get 2 hrs sleep and on crutches. I'm running on empty and could barely tell you my name never mind pass my cert!

I'd rather offer about £10 pm to clear it faster. I'm just worried they might take it out my bank and feck my finances right up x