Letting Agency not giving because my wife is pregnant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If, when you asked about the water supply being metered, you were told 'I think so' that isn't confirming it, it's making a guess - if it's that important to you then you should have asked the LA to get confirmation. The same with the EPC certificate, if you wanted to see it you should have said you weren't prepared to put down a deposit without seeing it beforehand as the energy costs are of paramount importance. As we are now in summer time (though, in the UK that doesn't mean a lot) you will not need heating on all the time just because your wife is expecting. Once the baby is born there are potential implications if the property is too cold but, again, this isn't likely to be a factor at this time of year.

It does sound like you're clutching at straws to try and withdraw from the agreement while keeping the holding deposit.

But given that the Agent has been managing the property for quite some time now, they know the property well enough. What was the reason for them to say "I think so", just a politically correct answer. They could have said that it is currently not metered but if I want, they can get a meter fitted there. What say?

It is usually the tenant that decides if they want a meter, as they pay the bill; the agent usually has no involvement. All they are concerned about is letting it to a suitable person.

A previous tenant could of had one fitted and not even told the agent or LL, but it usually polite to inform them.