BankFodder BankFodder

Perks30

Can I cancel my O2 / Sky Broadband & Home Phone contract and join EE?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2422 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been looking at the latest offers for home phone and broadband recently.

Noticed that EE have a really good offer; currently 6 months half price with £100 cashback if I sign up through Top Cashback!

I'm currently with O2 for my broadband and phone and have been since February 2013 but I would like to cancel. I was expecting some kind of reward / discount when SKY take over their services but I havent been offered anything.

Can I cancel? Would it cost me? Am I better staying put?

Are you still within your minimum contract term? If your service from them only started 3 months ago in February 2013 then I'd guess you are as terms are usually 12-24 months. You can leave, but you'll need to pay a charge to do so.

I have a 12 month contract with O2 which started in February.

I wasn't sure if a charge for leaving would apply because of the move to SKY?

I have been looking at the latest offers for home phone and broadband recently.

Noticed that EE have a really good offer; currently 6 months half price with £100 cashback if I sign up through Top Cashback!

I'm currently with O2 for my broadband and phone and have been since February 2013 but I would like to cancel. I was expecting some kind of reward / discount when SKY take over their services but I havent been offered anything.

Can I cancel? Would it cost me? Am I better staying put?

When you say you expected some kind of reward / discount, do you mean you were told you would get one, or just that you were hoping to get one?

bottom line is you signed up for a contract and you now need to abide to the terms of that contract.

I did get out of a Sky broadband contract once but only because they couldnt fulfil their end of the contract, specifically "being able to provide the service when moving home" - because I moved to Hull and only KC offer line-based Internet there. So... want to move to Hull? ;)

As others have said, there would be a cancellation fee, it could possibly be for the whole year of monthly rental fee's minus what you have already paid for. I would way up the pro's and cons and see if it is worthwhile you cancelling now or wait until your contract finishes.