style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all looking to get advice

my son who is 18, bought a 2nd hand car from arnold clark a c2

within 3 days of having it 1/2 of the dash started flashing on and off going over bumps,

he went back to ask if they can fix it, and they said NO the dash would have to come off and

as it was from there value range, £3500 not cheap for anyone these days. there hands were tied

where does he stand on this.

cheers for any replies

steve

Write to them detailing the problem and ask when they would like the car back for repair under the Sale of Good Act 1979 ? If they stick to what they have in the past, which you have just experienced, you send them another letter giving them one last chance before taking it to the main dealer to be fixed and billing AC.

You can telephone them to the above, but do it on a phone that allows you to record the call.

Edited to add; You can always give them the choice of repair or you reject for a full refund. Having it repaired does not take away your right to reject at a later date, so you can make that clear to them even though they know these regs inside out and are just hoping you don't.

thanks conniff

shame u not don't come in a genie bottle, i could just rub when they be awkward and u give them rice on my behalf,

yer thanks for the reply and sorry for not posting in the right section.

cheers

steve