style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can some one help cant believe i have been so stupid and gullable i walked into currys newcastle 2years ago to buy a 389 pound lap top i got a package which included insurance microsoft norton and transfer of stuff of old computer i asked if i could get it on finance was told yes did all the checks was told it would cost 41pound a month for two years was ok with that so i signed put paper work away and didnt think any thing of it till today last payment being made when i was sent a letter saying my lease time was up and if i didnt want to continue to send equipement back turns out i didnt sign a purchase hire aggreement but a lease hire not once was i told anything about it being on hire or that i would have to return it in two years i feel so angry and really want to fight this but am unsure how please can some one out their help me :mad2:

Hi bridgethake

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

mmmm complicated one unfortunately the cooling off period expired which most domestic contracts will have.

Proving it was mis sold is difficult and the main issue is you would have signed the contract.

All the mentioning of leasing would be in that. So that fact you did not read through what you signed could mean you don't have much of a leg stand on.

The leasing was sold through rentsmart in terms of currys involvement the manager would more likely have to send them a letter stating what and how it was mis sold.

I know this as i work for the company and I have dealt with something similar. This customer didnt understand the breakdown of the monthly payments, and the total amount it would be, even though it was explained. He then came back in and I explained it....when he did understand he then agreed this is what he signed for, but he still wanted to opt out anyway. In the end it was determined that due to the customer signing the agreement they agreed to the terms and conditions and rentsmart would not authorize the refund.

Thats as far as I can help, as I wasnt able to help him anymore in store.

In terms of whats in SOGA I'm not really sure where you can go from there, but hopefully it will be sorted.