council tax bailiff levied my car in my absence and added charges to the account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there would love it if someone could advise me on my bailiff problem

i had a payment agreement set up with jacobs bailiff company but due to my mum passing away and my mind else were i missed a payment in jan 2013 i then called them up to make a double payment to bring the arears on the account up date.

I was told i couldnt because it had gone out to a bailiff jxxxxn cxxxxy and i would now have to sort it out with him which i did i contacted him and we agreed to another plan for me to pay £50 a month a week later he contacted me saying the bailiff company refused it because previous agreements had been broken but they were only broke because i was unemployed and just couldnt afford it at the time i then contacted the company who again rufused to take any payment saying i could only pay the debt off in full at this point the debt was £630

i then gave them my phone number to give to the bailiff at the end of feb 2013 because the cost of phone calls to an 0845 number where costing a bit to much money and awaited contact no contact came until i received a letter in april 2013 telling the amount i owed was now £820 i dont dispute the original amout amount of £630 which has now been paid direct to the council and has cleared debt but there is still £192 in charges. which i dispute because i think they are unlawful.

i have asked for a breakdown of the charges which they have sent to me here are the charges why they were charged and dates.

8th march 2012 bailiff pxxxe fxxxxxn Fee £24.50

9th march 2012 bailiff pxxxe fxxxn Fee £18.00

these charges were already added to the account in the £630

then on the 2nd april 2013 bailiff dxxxn hxxxxxxxxn called to my property they charged me a £48 levy fee which was done on my vehicle in my absence i was in at the time because i was off work with a broken arm there was no knock at my door he also charged me £120 for attending with a van and £24.50 SCH 5 HEAD when he done this nothing was posted to inform me he had been and that my vehicle had been levied. my car was still outside my house so i was non the wiser this had been done he then called back on the 8th april but again i was in at the time there was no knock and again and no letter posted telling me he had called and my car was left outside my house.

i think charging me £192 for 1 visit on the 2nd april 2013 is very expensive

i would be grateful for any help

thanks warren

Edited by ploddertom
removed Bailiff names

The first & second visit fees are probably correct providing of course they did visit on the dates claimed. Have you also checked to make sure the Bailiff who allegedly visited had a current Certificate at the time?

As for the visit on 2 April did he leave you a Notice of Seizure for the vehicle? He may well have been able to charge the levy fee but nothing else as you need to be given time to pay before they can charge the ATR/Van fee. As for the Head H fee then this also should not have been charged as he did not remove the goods anyway.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats what i thought ive paid the 1st and 2nd fee already and im happy to pay the levy fee if it was lawful but to charge van fee and extra head on the same vist i will put that to them straight away im willing to pay the levy but nothing else and see what they say

Park any car away from your home until it is sorted jacobs are clamp happy and will clamp a car at the slightest provocation, even for fees alone or unlawfully.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

yes thats what it says he turned up 2nd april in a van and a extra head he levied my car in my absence and never posted a seizure notice charged me £192 so he brought a van with an extra head to take stuff even though no levy on anything had been done

i have an on going dispute with jacobs bailiffs

i had a council tax debt of £630 plus charges of £192

ive paid the £630 debt off straight to the council but im not willing to pay the £192 .

because on the breakdown of fees it states i asked for on the

2nd april 2013 they charged me £192 for a van attendence and a extra hand when at that point no levy had ever been made on any of my possecions

it was only on that day they levied my car in my absence so

on the 2nd april 2013 they charged me £120 for the van attendence £24 for an extra hand and £48 levy fee done in my absence

we have been emailing back and forth but when i questioned them and told them the reasons why they sent me this email

can sombody help were do i go from here

Thanks.

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email dated May 23rd 2013.

We do not wish to enter into protracted correspondence with you as we feel we have answered all the points raised.

Yours sincerely,

Jacobs

they cant charge a van fee if they have not prev levied

nor have any intention of taking goods.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they cant charge levy fee and the £18

2 visits 2 fees £24.50 + £18.

or £24.50 then levy fee.

AND

as its a car unless they came with a van to PUT THE CAR IN

they cant charge that either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

THANX DX

thats what i thought ive stood my ground told them that they cant charge me for it they expect payment of £192 in 4 days and now wont correspond with me to sort it out what can i do now what route can i take because im not paying the £192

THANX DX

thats what i thought ive stood my ground told them that they cant charge me for it they expect payment of £192 in 4 days and now wont correspond with me to sort it out what can i do now what route can i take because im not paying the £192

HIDE ANY CAR, Jacobs WILL clamp it

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!