Mint Card Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again, I'm glad you got your claim sorted, I'm waiting on them getting back to me regarding my PPI claim but there was also £385.00 of charges I didn't mention I'm just hoping they give me them back also.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Under the FCA redress guidance the lender should automatically include any overlimit fees that were a result of the PPI as part of the calculation (i.e if you were overlimit by less than the amount of the PPI included in the balance these fees should be refunded). Some lenders are better than others at doing this without asking - RBS tend to be among the better ones on this particular issue.

• 1 month later...
It is not uncommon for the payments to be later than promised but I would definitely give them a chase to find out what's going on.
With that in mind, does anyone have a phone number? OR postal address. Original complaint was with MINT, but all correspondence has been with RBS group. thx

With that in mind, does anyone have a phone number? OR postal address. Original complaint was with MINT, but all correspondence has been with RBS group. thx

Hi,

This is the PPI Customer Complaints Team Number...0800 015 0319 ( 8am-5pm / Mon - Fri )

Address.

RBS Group

PPI Customer Complaints Team

Retail Products

5th Floor

1 Hardman Boulevard

Manchester

M3 3AQ

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

turns out there was an outstanding balance on this credit card, which I didn't know about, i had the card over 8 years ago, so sounds about right. Just checking that RBS have done everything legally here by paying the refund directly to the credit card? Thanks

turns out there was an outstanding balance on this credit card, which I didn't know about, i had the card over 8 years ago, so sounds about right. Just checking that RBS have done everything legally here by paying the refund directly to the credit card? Thanks

Yes they can use their right of set-off to reduce the liability on the account.

In terms of "set off" - this payment is going to the same account that the arrears balance is on so the lender is entitled to do this automatically

If on the other hand RBS were to pay the redress to another account with the bank (for example a loan with an arrears balance), my understanding is that this would need to be shown in the T&C's (and usually, but not always, is)