Homebase let cat out of the bag about using workfare to reduce wage bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only someone very naive could believe private firms are participating in the government’s workfare scheme because they want to provide work experience for unemployed people out of the goodness of their own hearts and not as a way of reducing their wage bills by using forced labour at taxpayers’ expense.

But ask any of them and they’ll swear the workfare people they’ve taken on are extra to their requirements and are not – repeat not – replacing jobs they would normally have had to pay someone a proper wage to do.

Well. It looks like Homebase have accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

A poster currently displayed on the wall in the manager’s office of Homebase Haringey – clearly shows the company is using workfare as a means to reduce their payroll costs:

homebase-workfare.jpg?w=529&h=715

This is particularly interesting, as Homebase have recently been lying to telling the public they’re not participating in workfare at all. See my previous post about that here:

Homebase are so embarrassed about using workfare – they’re reduced to lying about it

Looks like Homebase just can’t stop themselves telling porky pies about workfare, doesn’t it?

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/oops-homebase-let-cat-out-of-the-bag-about-using-workfare-to-reduce-wage-bills/

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure about the whole chain but I know that a Big & Questionable diy store in Coventry (wont name names though) use Remploy staff in much the same way too. A very high percentage of their staff in the one store are unpaid Remploy people that are told they will be taken on all the way through the 2 or so weeks then just changed for another set of remploy people - this is disgusting and as a result I refuse to use either that store or remploy.