Lowell re: Great Universal and Littlewoods

ncca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening All!

Apologies for the duplicated thread - my original one is in the "General Debt" forum but due to mentioning several queries, was advised on posting in the relevant sub-forums.

I have 2 catalogue accounts with Lowell Portfolio - one for Great Universal and one for Littlewoods.

1) Lowell re: Great Universal - Paying back a small amount each month.

This one is for a catalogue debt going back 6+ years and is one of the defaults on my account (due to a divorce at the time).

It is small (£300) and I'm nearly ready to offer a full and final settlement (I've already tried the full amount in return for removing the default, but they refused - so I told them they can keep getting their £5/month). HOWEVER, looking through some of the statements I've found several charges before the catalogue passed it to "NDR" and then over to Lowell. I've seen some posts on here in regards to "CCA" and "SAR" - can I do anything with this debt in regards to these that may wipe the rest of - or maybe the charges situation?

2) Lowell re: Littlewoods - Another one paying back a small amount each month.

Again, 6+ years old and again due to the divorce it has a default on my credit file.

I have found 12 statements from them (4 months of non-payment before they sold it to Lowell despite me trying to contact Littlewoods to sort it out - see below) - with plenty of charges on. This debt is £1,400 and a fair percentage is "missed payments", "late payments", "non payments", "default" etc. Can these be claimed back?

In both cases, I was actually advised by the telephone operator to let it go in to default and the debt collection company can help me better - I did... although I doubt they would ever admit it, they actually advised me to default.

Can I argue the default at all? Will the CCA/SAR things help? Refund of charges will certainly help reduce the debts.

In reality, at the amount I'm paying, it is going to take nearly 20 years to clear the above debts. So surely it is fairly pointless to Lowell?

Any help would be appreciated.

NCCA

both accounts are owned by shop direct

you need to get ONE sar off to shop direct

and fire lowlife off 2 CCA requests one for each debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Looks like Lowell / Shop Direct are having issues finding the original agreement, 3 letters received within the 28 days

- 1 saying they've requested the documents, one saying they are searching the archives, and another saying they are still searching for it.

I think the 28 days are up - but I'm assuming the issues they are experiencing, is a good sign?

over 12+2 woeking days old

you should of sent the failure to comply letter

for the CCA

and stop any payments..told ya!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. Direct Debits cancelled (although one letter from them states they have put both accounts on hold anyway, and no payments were taken in June from them).

Will be posting the failure to comply letter by registered post tomorrow to Lowell.

Thank you again.

write to your bank

inform them they are NOT to honour any request payments to lowlife

by any method unless your SPECICALLY give your written consent.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

This one is pretty much sorted. They've written back for both accounts saying they couldn't find the original agreement due to the age of the loan and have closed the account.

Am I being a little too optimistic, or does this mean that it will / should also be removed from my credit file?

sadly no

dx

and they