style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey All, I am new to this forum and I find it great.

What is the process for getting GSC? Does it not involve the tenant present at that time signing the GSC? Can my landlord not forge one and say that he just forgot to give it to me.

Does GSC have the signature of the tenant to approve that GSC was actually done? Otherwise my landlord can always find a dodgy gas safe engineer to issue a certificate in back date. Isnt' it?

T does not have to sign GSC or even be present for insection.

If T present, there is space for T to acknowlege receipt of their copy

The key info for GasSafe engineer to complete are his registered business details and Reg No

The GSC form is a legal document and it would be unwise for anyone to falsify one but even passports can be forged.

Your main security is be present for inspection and demand individual shows you his personal GasSafe ID card before commencing any work on a gas appliance/GSC Look up on GasSafe online Register that registartion is still valid.

No ID - no work.

Thanks Mariner for reply.

With my tenancy due to end in May, my landlord never got GSC certificate for last many years. Now that I have requested it to him, he is likely to get the inspection done this week.

Once he gets the inspection done this week, Will I still be able to complain HSE that he did not get the inspection done in last two years?

You are vacating T this weel, so why cause grief for LL and risk any LL ref you may require. Whilst HSE may be interested in LLs persistent earlier failure to comply, If they call & LL has valid GSC by then, he may just get a warning (note on file).

Even if taken to Court the outcome will be a fine, not compensation for T, as T has suffered no actuall loss. IMO

You have learned more about GSCs this week, which you can apply to future Lets