style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this and looking for some advice on my complaint regarding evans halshaw.

I picked up my new car on Tuesday 14th may and the following day driving home my front passenger wheel completely falls off. My 2 year old daughter was in the car. Luckily i was only doing 25mph. Shaken and in disbelief as to what could have happened if was driving at 60 mph I called them straight away and told them what happened.

The following day I called and spoke to the sales team leader who was unaware of the situation. He advised he would pick the car up and a courtesy car was provided. He called me on Friday and said the car had been worked on by a mechanic who had been sacked for not doing his job correctly but that my car was safe now and I could now have it back. I told him I did not feel safe taking my 2 year old daughter back in this car and wanted to speak to the manager he then told me the manager is not available until Monday and that I either have my car back or no car at all as he needed 'his' courtesy back! I said NO I want to speak to the manager he was extremely patronising to me an said he would call me back.

This is now nearly 24 hours later and still no contact from them. Can anyone advise if I am entitled to a refund or replacement car or what else I can do to get a full explanation as to why this has happened? I really do not trust their workmanship or anything they say. my daughters safety is my main concern and i am not sure this incident has caused any longterm damage to the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

it is my belief that you have the same rights as if you bought anything, do you have photographic evidence and witnesses?

may be a claim there as you were put in an extremely dangerous situation.

if it were me I'd be looking for compensation.

I am fighting it all the way :-x

Yes I called my partner because the car was making a funny noise so he followed me with his step dad so they saw it happening. also took a couple of pictures when we stopped :( just wish it never happened at all!

Pretty sure you are able to use the courtesy car until the repairs are finished. I don't think you'll be able to keep it and use it until they reach an outcome that YOU find satisfactory. You could always get an independent mechanic to check their work before you get the car.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D