Disciplinary Investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just need some advice for my sister. She was told she was having a disciplinary investigation in 30 mins yesterday - no warning or knowledge of what it was about. In the meeting (big retail store) she was given three allegations which were alleged gross misconduct, loss of trust and confidence & unauthorised removal of a company record.

As this is 'fact finding', surely they are trying to find facts on the alleged record??????? - can they at this stage state alleged gross misconduct and loss of trust and confidence? How do they know this if they have not yet investigated?

Advice is much appreciated as she is very upset.

The clue is that the meeting was described as an investigation surely?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The clue is that the meeting was described as an investigation surely?

Please dont take this the wrong way but you can come across very strong and rude sometimes. Remember this is very foreign to a lot of people and just the word Disciplinary can make someone really scared and dont know what is going on. Me personally would be very shaken if my employer took me in a room and said theses things. This would imply they have already made there conclusion as how could they loose confidence if they have not yet investigated the matter?

I know sometimes you have to be blunt to get it through to people but this should only be done after someone is not listening to reason or they are asking very obvious questions like "Do I have to pay back the overpayment I received"

Im not being nasty but theses people are coming for help, not to be made looked stupid

Sorry I don't understand? I know very little about this - I just read a little on investigations and thats why I posted.

I am agreeing with you. This sounds like a fact finding interview. It isn't a disciplinary yet and may not turn into one if there is no evidence.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Has any action been taken against your sister yet? Has she been suspended? More to the point, is there any substance to the allegations?

Providing that no action has yet been taken, then the employer is within their rights to state what the allegations are - it would be perfectly correct to state that they are looking at an allegation of gross misconduct and to ask if your sister has any information which might help the investigation to proceed one way or the other. An investigation hearing can take place without any notice whatsoever, and there is no automatic right to be accompanied at such a meeting. If the employer decides that there are still adequate grounds to proceed after what has been established at an investigation hearing, then a disciplinary hearing may be convened. For GM it would not be unusual to be suspended at that point pending conclusion of the investigation and if necessary for a DH to be arranged. Your sister should be given advanced notice of that hearing, should be told of the precise allegation that has been made, what may be the result of that hearing if deemed guilty, and she must be given the right to be accompanied by a colleague or Union rep.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!