Link Financial Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was informed yesterday by the Office of Fair Trades that consumer credit licence 446835,

Link Financial Ltd lapsed on 3rd May 2013.

They have applied for a new licence 658332 but it will take 25 - 50 working days to process.

As such Link Financial are currently operating without a cunsumer credit licence.

Can anyone advise, does this make any debts persued during this time non enforcable?

Many thanks

tell us about the debt please

link are the biggest spoofers out there

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

only when people allow default judgements

which is why they always send papers to your old addresses.

where do you think he got the money for this from:

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
Link should not be chasing debtors. As you state they are unlicensed. Let the OFT know.

Nonsense. They are allowed to continue to trade while a licence application is considered. I think it unlikely their application will be refused anyway.

"Once a licence has lapsed it can not be renewed. You will need to apply for a new licence. Trading in credit activities without a licence is a criminal offence".

The license is lapsed. It is an offence to trade.

Their new application was approved and a licence issued on 31 May 2013.

Please check your facts and stop giving false hope to people, based on incorrect technicalities.

You should also be aware that the OFT is changing the way it deals with licence applications and their validity/duration. This may have added to the confusion, but was announced by the OFT quite some time ago.

If they had fallen foul of the system, a quick waiver application to the OFT would have seen them through. Companies can apply for waivers in such circumstances (and have to pay for them, depending on their level of activity), and unless there are serious objections, they are normally granted (as it is an easy revenue stream for the OFT).

Although we may hate Link and their like, they know how to play the system.

Anyway, Link Financial Outsourcing is normally the company that does the collection on behalf of Link Financial Ltd, and their licence is current and ongoing.

What Link Financial Ltd could not have done in that time, themselves, was buy or sell debts, and this would have applied for a period of a couple of weeks.

Donkey, you seem to have ridiculed me in an earlier post for "giving false hope....on technicalities", based upon OFT written statements that you yourself provided in a link to the OFT page.

You now state "What Link Financial Ltd could not have done in that time, themselves, was buy or sell debts, and this would have applied for a period of a couple of weeks." and appear to agree with my stance that having had a license lapse, the post license holder is not in any position to undertake licensable consumer credit activities until it's license has been re-instated.

You appear confused...........

But it isn’t Link Financial Ltd that is chasing the debt. I think you’ll find it’s Link Financial Outsourcing.

Yes, it is an offence to trade in debt without a licence. But it is not an offence to own debt without a licence. Where is the evidence that they traded any debt in that timeframe?

You stated today (4 July) that the OP should complain to the OFT about Link Financial Ltd not having a licence when in fact – since the end of May – they DO have a licence. And again, it is usually not Link Financial Ltd which chases the debt, but its agent.

Donkey, MY first post of 13:27 on this subject is in retort to the first post on this board by Macymay 17th May 2013; to wit "I was informed yesterday by the Office of Fair Trades that consumer credit licence 446835, Link Financial Ltd lapsed on 3rd May 2013. "

My post of 13:27 is correct based upon OFT written statement. You may agree with me now, having agreed with me previously in an earlier post. So my intention now is to not get into a p###ing contest with you on this.

Yes, your post was ten weeks late. And inaccurate when posted, as Link Financial Ltd had a valid licence when you posted.

You can p*** all you like, because you have suggested the OP complains when in fact there is no evidence that any offence has been committed.

well as the op has not been back since 2mins after starting the thread

its now dlosed

OP if you need it reopened PM me or the siteteam

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks