Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1869 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just come across an old Insurance certificate in regards to a secured loan we had 2004-2006 . The insurance certificate states the premium was £3269.24 +ipt .

I am aware that SPPL are no longer trading and Aceden are a point of contact. I see some people have been refered back to the broker with whom they took out the loan. Thats our first problem as I have no idea who it was . Hubby seems to think it may have been Norton or Ocean.

Another thing I have noticed as it stated he had to be employed but he was actually self employed at the time .

The loan was paid off early 06. What I need to find out is where do I start .

Many Thanks

A good place to start would be with a SAR to the lender.

It may reveal some information that will be useful for when you put your claim together.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 years later...

I also would love some help or advice. I was informed that I had to take out ppi on a personal loan that was secured against the mortgage which totals more than £10,000 in April 2006. I have wrote to everyone involved who pass the buck, this has been continuing for several years. any ideas please???

Hi Black Luck and welcome.

Firstly, this thread is 2 and a half years old now so u may not get anywhere unless you start a new thread in the ppi section. they all seem to pass the buck but a good place to start is simply asking for the info via letter to your original creditor, if thats got you nowhere then its an sar you need to send with the £10 postal order which will get you all the info they hold on your account, they have 40 days to comply with that

start a thread and lets get you some help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: