Past caring

contribs based ESA ended

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2371 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband has been ill and receiving sickness benefits for nearly 2o years. He was assessed last year and put into WRAG group but wasnt well enough to appeal for a move to Support Group. Our money stayed the same in the changeover from IB to ESA but now his contributions based has ended we are £30 a week less - all I claim is Carers and CTC.

So much was made of nobody losing out, and it seems although we are lucky to still be getting ESA, financially we're worse off than ever. Am I missing something somewhere?

Your carers allowance would be taken into account for income based ESA. Whereas all income (there is something about a pension being partly counted) is ignored for contributions based ESA.