Severe Disability Premium

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She gets Pension Savings Credit and Attendance Allowance (the lower one). No one claims carers allowance which I understand is relevant as she does not yet require the 35 hours a week I understand I would need to be with her. I do have POA for her but I like to do things with her unless she would be too stressed - or I would :-) - so being prepared helps.

I may be wrong but I don't think this is something you claim for separately. It's a premium that's added on automatically to certain benefits if your mother is entitled to it. That's how it always worked with myself anyway.

I don't know about SPC, but the form to claim the SDP on ESA is very simple. All it really asks is for the claimant to confirm that they live alone or if anyone does live with them, it asks them to explain the relationship between the people in the house.

The form is no more than about two pages long - one of the simplest benefit forms there is.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well I did say I might be wrong. I've not filled in any claim forms since 2007 and anytime I claimed JSA in between jobs up until I could no longer work my premiums were added automatically. I'm on high rate of DLA care and mob so might be different for people in receipt of those. Or maybe I just don't remember...more likely the case :)

Well I did say I might be wrong. I've not filled in any claim forms since 2007 and anytime I claimed JSA in between jobs up until I could no longer work my premiums were added automatically. I'm on high rate of DLA care and mob so might be different for people in receipt of those. Or maybe I just don't remember...more likely the case :)

Well, you're basically remembering correctly - premiums that depend only on the claimant being in receipt of another benefit such as DLA, AA or CA are generally added automatically as you say. The SDP is an exception as it requires details about a claimant's living arrangements that are not stored by default on the computer system.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

She lives alone Nystagmite' date=' actually on her own as opposed to with disregarded (sounds harsh - sorry) people.[/quote']

I dont think Nystagmite was saying your Mother will be Disregarded, what was meant was, the payments will be diregarded.

I dont think Nystagmite was saying your Mother will be Disregarded, what was meant was, the payments will be diregarded.

What was meant was that when the DWP decides if you "live alone", which needs to be the case to be entitled to the SDP, certain people are disregarded - that is, classed as not living with you. For example, a person might share a flat with another tenant, each having their own separate contracts with the landlord. Such people don't count as "living with you" for SDP purposes.

I did understand Swinginapig. I think it is actually any income received by the people listed that would be disregarded but really, who invented this system. I think I am quite on the ball - certainly more than my 92 year old mother with Alzheimer's could possibly be so how do they think we can sort out all these different ifs, buts and maybes :-)

Whoops - just seen antone's post which puts it very clearly.

I did understand Swinginapig. I think it is actually any income received by the people listed that would be disregarded but really, who invented this system. I think I am quite on the ball - certainly more than my 92 year old mother with Alzheimer's could possibly be so how do they think we can sort out all these different ifs, buts and maybes :-)

Whoops - just seen antone's post which puts it very clearly.

Sorry Yes thats true, this is what I meant, I must have read your post wrong???? I thought you was sying your Mother would be disregarded...sorry

Well that's all sorted. Apparently she was getting it! The other thing I have realised is that if I end up claiming Carer's Allowance (I don't spend 35 hours with her at the moment) Mum would loose this premium and, unless I was getting Pension Credit I would not actually get anything - but I could have got that wrong too!