style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I feel into arrears with my council tax bill and as such the council applied for a liability order and passed the debt for collection to Rundles.

Having read the advice not to deal with the Bailiffis I cleared my account direct with the council. I requested my outstanding balance and paid this amount in full. On requesting a statement I noticed that as well as paying off the debt i'd paid off this years account in full + over £200 in fees to Rundles. Currently the council is holding this money on my account waiting for Rundles to invoice it to them at which point they will pay it.

The fees are as following;

£24.50 Visit Fee - January 2013

£18 Visit fee - February 2013

£28 Levy Fee March 2013

£150 Attendance / Van March 2013 (Same date as the Levy fee).

I am also being charged a visit fee for a different liability order, this visit was on the same date as the February visit and has been billed a further £24.50.

So having had zero contact with Rundles I am being billed £245 for their non existent services. Rundles have never knocked at my door and have never arrived with a van. I live in a maisonette so there is nothing outside of my property to levy. Having discussed this with the council they don't give a fudge, they believe Rundles wouldn't lie and they will not entertain a dispute.

My first step has been to report this to the Police who have given me a crime reference number but where do I go next?

Have Bumbles & Co left any Notice of Seizure listing goods, have they levied a vehicle, even a third party one? If they have no levy, or levied a third party motor they can whistle for their

£28 levylink3.gif Fee March 2013

£150 Attendance / Van March 2013 (Same date as the levylink3.gif fee).

AS the ATR fee was applied the same day as the levy they cannot have the ATR anyway.

Send them the Acme letter putting them on strict proof of a levy to ground the levy fee.

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!