style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a laptoip from Asda Direct on a next day delivery, had the order confirmation and despatch emails. the laptop got as far as the Yodel distridution centre and then disappeared. They have searched the distribution centre and cannot find the laptop. I want Asda to send a replacement but they are insisting they have to refund me and then I have to reorder, but this means my card cannot be used until the refund has processed which can take up to a week. Any advice on what my legal rights are? Thanks in advance.

Legally I think they're covered. As long as they're refunding you then they're fulfilling their obligations. I don't think there's anything you can do to force them to send you a replacement rather than a refund.

It's not great customer service, but there's not really much you can do to force the issue besides send a written complaint to someone like the CEO, expressing how unsatisfied you are with their handling of the situation and the inconvenience it has caused to you.